Share your power settings...

rmanalan

May 7, 2020
Oakland
I've recently just joined this YT Decoy mob (got my Decoy 29 Pro last week). I've got just under 100m in on this rig and it's been a blast. My first few rides have been with the stock power settings and mostly riding eco and trail. Yesterday, I decided to alter the power settings a bit to get more of a workout on my 1-2hr morning rides. The stock eco settings are dialed to 60% assist with 30Nm of torque. I dropped it to 20% assist and felt that it was similar to my acoustic bike... maybe a little too similar. So, this morning, I bumped it back up to 30% and it felt perfect. It felt like I was riding a lightweight/XCish acoustic bike... I still had to muscle my way up the steeps but I felt a bit stronger than on my real acoustic bike.

After riding this thing for a week, I'm having a hard time going back on my acoustic bike, but I know I should suffer once in a while. I'm afraid I'm going to give up some hard-earned fitness because of this awesome bike. Super addictive. I've been riding almost every day since I got this thing.

What are your power settings? Have you given up some fitness due to riding your EMTB?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I've recently just joined this YT Decoy mob (got my Decoy 29 Pro last week). I've got just under 100m in on this rig and it's been a blast. My first few rides have been with the stock power settings and mostly riding eco and trail. Yesterday, I decided to alter the power settings a bit to get more of a workout on my 1-2hr morning rides. The stock eco settings are dialed to 60% assist with 30Nm of torque. I dropped it to 20% assist and felt that it was similar to my acoustic bike... maybe a little too similar. So, this morning, I bumped it back up to 30% and it felt perfect. It felt like I was riding a lightweight/XCish acoustic bike... I still had to muscle my way up the steeps but I felt a bit stronger than on my real acoustic bike.

After riding this thing for a week, I'm having a hard time going back on my acoustic bike, but I know I should suffer once in a while. I'm afraid I'm going to give up some hard-earned fitness because of this awesome bike. Super addictive. I've been riding almost every day since I got this thing.

What are your power settings? Have you given up some fitness due to riding your EMTB?
I’ve owned a decoy for a few weeks now and am already craving a normal bike again. Maybe because I just ride a 2020 Enduro and it both climbed and descended better than any long travel bike I have ridden before.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I don't know what the figures are, I'm using shimano custom profile: eco in med (it's usually high), and trail in low. I'm in eco most of the time, except when I ride with an emtb buddy. On some technical steep climbs I go to trail.

Yzlvr

Jun 23, 2019
USA
Any one have some suggestions on power settings? Which setting adjustment will give you more efficency? I ride in Eco/Trail mostly, but would like to get a little better range. I will try some of the settings above. Friends have newer bikes with bosch gen4 motors and 625wh batts. I run out first.

Jessiejames1108

Nov 3, 2020
Sonoma, Ca
I use the ST Unlocker app and love it. My setup is pictured below and so far I have been able to peddle 25 mile rides and still have one or two bars left. This is in 90F temps, not sure what the cold will do yet as it's barely here. I ride primarily in eco/ trail so I upped the power in the eco just a bit and and turned down the trail assist from stock and uped the toque 5nm. I will use boost on the super steep stuff but try not to as it sometimes is a bit much and I find myself spinning out and then not able to get get going again. The stock settings are ECO: 75% 35NM TRAIL: 150% 50NM BOOST: 300% 70NM.
Assist Settings.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles