Service reminder

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
My rail 9 is displaying a service due reminder . Is this a trek thing to get you to take your bike to the shop , or us it a Bosch thing because the motor needs some kind of update or service ?
if it’s the the first option is there a way to re set the service reminder , Ive looked at the menus and can’t see anything

DJ57UMP

Mar 13, 2021
England
I'd contact the supplier in either event - if it's still in warranty for example then I wouldn't risk that.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
The shop set this mileage, we do 175 miles for your first complimentary safety service then we set the computer to remind you at 1500 miles. Other LBS’ may differ. You can ride past this, it’s just a politer reminder to make sure your bike is in tip top condition.

Flyfisha

Jul 27, 2021
Australia
Thanks Funkeydunk That explains a lot. My trek is 8 months old and I was told the service warning would come up on the display but I could never get a definite answer as to what number of kilometres it would be. I took my free service months ago and only recently had the “service required “ warning come up at 4500 km /2800 miles.

Now I know the shops sets the number it all make sense because I could never get the same answer twice when I asked the mechanics.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Thanks , so does it have to go to the shop to have the reminder removed then ?

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
Sure does, the bike computer connects to the workshop pc to get acces. So it’s a lbs job. Or just ignore it.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
I just explain to the customer that it’s not mandatory, it’s just a reminder to look after your bike. You’ll be gobsmacked how many people don’t even pump up the tyres or oil the chain when they come in. also remember the first service, well safety check is free.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles