San Luis Obispo County
Product Image:
IMG_1771.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

Product name: Sea Sucker Roof Rack
Price paid: $500
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: Sea Sucker does seem to manufacturer a quality product however it is directed to a rather narrow market. I won't go into the details since many others have done so across a number of internet sites & there may be less interest by E-bike riders due to the weight of the bike however I want to address the wind noise generated by the roof mounted Mini-Bomber model which will hold 2 E-bikes with a rating of 45 lbs each. My wife & I transport 2 Levos atop the car and even with the bikes removed the wind generated noise is quite irritating so after a bit of googling solutions without success I decided to try a DIY solution.

As it turns out a 30" piece of 1-3/8" OD tubing with a bungee cord laced through it does block/divert the air stream and reduces the wind noise to a minimal amount. I was really surprised at the results and although it may be of interest to the few on this website who have shown interest in the rack system, it may prove beneficial to some.
PS: Free advise is worth every penny. :)

IMG_1771.JPG
IMG_1779.JPG
IMG_1772.JPG

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
That’s neat.

I potentially have the single bike version of this rack BNIB for sale. DM me if interested.

Jul 19, 2019
West Lancs
Do these work well with a slightly mucky/greasy/traffic film covered car, or does the car need to be clean for them to work?

I like the idea, but wondered about the real-life usability.

Webike

E*POWAH Master
Dec 13, 2018
San Luis Obispo County
Do these work well with a slightly mucky/greasy/traffic film covered car, or does the car need to be clean for them to work?

I like the idea, but wondered about the real-life usability.
Not necessarily "better late than never" response, however I"d suggest a rather clean surface with a bit of water to provide the best seal...certainly don't want the $5k to $10k bike falling off the roof into the following traffic! No problems with 2 Levo's mounted at 70 mph on the freeway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles