Scott Lumen eRide 2023

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There's quite a bit in Knut's article about it.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
Really nice. Have an analog Scott as does the husband. We’re really happy with our bikes.

If I had a local dealer selling Scott e-mtb, it would have been on my list.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
50Nm is enough, we don't need the 85Nm of the Bosch.

But only 360Wh, and not removable?
They should have foreseen a mounting place to connect a 2nd battery,
instead of the extender bottles.

gravitysurfer

Jun 27, 2023
Switzerland
I have recently purchased a 910 lumen. I had the brakes and shifters upgraded to XT as I cannot see the point in having a high end carbon frame with deore parts. This turned into quite a story. The local bike shop crushed the top tube in their work shop vice while fitting the brakes. They claimed only veneer damage. Even so, quite shocking. They ordered a new bike and refitted the brakes.
The question was then how do I fit this on the bike carrier behind my car without damaging it in a similar way.
The bike shop would not take responsibility for giving an answer.
They asked Scott, and so did I by email, but they only develop and sell bikes not bike carriers and hence could not give any advice for their product.
What is going on here Scott?
We need recommendations of how to safely transport your products.
You also move your test bikes around and hence do know how to do this.
Why not share this with your clients!
Finally I have made my own device, see attached, from two Thule bike frame kits.
Does it have to be so complicated to move a carbon bike?
By the way, the brake upgrade was really worth doing and should be standard kit.
The bike rides well and is agile down hill rather than a heavy elephant on steroids. I managed 1100m uphill and 45km on one charge and that left me nicely tired for several days, so who needs a bigger battery and more weight?
About to try out my custom bike carrier, which is now public domain and free to use but not commercially exploit!

IMG_4115.png IMG_4114.png image.jpg

mitea

Sep 10, 2022
Switzerland - LU
Because then they have to replace the frame if you damage it by doing what they are recommending. I guess no brand gives you advise on that since the clamps on the bike carrier can easily destroy the delicate carbon frames if applied wrong or with too much force.

Julie_X1

Jan 22, 2023
Canada
I don’t have a Scott Lumen, but when the hubby and I got our Fuel EXe bikes, we switched over to a rack that would hold the bikes via the wheels only.

Kuat Piston Pro X:

Before that, we had a Thule Easy Fold XT 2 that we thought held our (analog) carbon bikes well but we used this Thule accessory for carbon bikes:

Regardless, I much prefer not having to clamp our carbon frames anymore

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
Looks good but cannot find it in Switzerland
You might want to look at the new Thule Epos.

Tomoooo

Jan 4, 2024
Slovakia
I have recently purchased a 910 lumen. I had the brakes and shifters upgraded to XT as I cannot see the point in having a high end carbon frame with deore parts. This turned into quite a story. The local bike shop crushed the top tube in their work shop vice while fitting the brakes. They claimed only veneer damage. Even so, quite shocking. They ordered a new bike and refitted the brakes.
The question was then how do I fit this on the bike carrier behind my car without damaging it in a similar way.
The bike shop would not take responsibility for giving an answer.
They asked Scott, and so did I by email, but they only develop and sell bikes not bike carriers and hence could not give any advice for their product.
What is going on here Scott?
We need recommendations of how to safely transport your products.
Finally I have made my own device, see attached, from two Thule bike frame kits.
Does it have to be so complicated to move a carbon bike?
By the way, the brake upgrade was really worth doing and should be standard kit.
The bike rides well and is agile down hill rather than a heavy elephant on steroids. I managed 1100m uphill and 45km on one charge and that left me nicely tired for several days, so who needs a bigger battery and more weight?
About to try out my custom bike carrier, which is now public domain and free to use but not commercially exploit!

View attachment 118971 View attachment 118972 View attachment 118973
I was buying in Austria and had the same damage but on down tube in shop, they replaced the frame with a new one. After that I anyway replaced on the bike almost everything then but myself again. 😂
I also bought the extender.
Regarding the bike car carrier, nothing was really fitting for Lumen, except the most expensive Thule Epos which works like a charm as has flexible arms.

my upgrades (fox factory fprk comes next)
DT Swiss XMC1501 carbon wheels
Vittoria Agarro 29x2.35 tires
Syncros Hixon integrated carbon handlebars
Shimano Saint Brakes
Wolftooth 32t chainring
Sram XX carbon cranks
Sram GX AXS Transmission deraileur
Sram XX cassette and chain
Sram AXS Reverb dropper
SQ lab 60x infinergy seat
DT swiss dropper and fork remote
Ergon GE grips
Shimano XTR pedals

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles