Santa Cruz Heckler SL / Fazua Motor issues

Timmybob

Nov 16, 2023
Mass
Hi there - i recently purchased a new Santa Cruz Heckler SL with the Fazua Ride 60 motor. On recent rides, the FAZUA motor randomly loses power on me when riding, then comes back on. It totally died on a ride last week, then worked fine when i got it home in my driveway. This past weekend it died momentarily during a ride, then it came back. On last night's rode it died, came back, died, came back and then had intermittent on/off power on the way back to my truck. When this does happen, the battery lights are functioning fine on the frame. i took it back to my LBS after the first this first happened. They ran some diagnostics and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I plan to take it back today, but thinking it might be a lose wire or something? Maybe they install a new ring controller to see if that fixes it? Super frustrating, as i absolutely love this bike.

Benc1234

Nov 19, 2023
Slovenia
The same thing is happening to me :/ I've been dealing with my bike all week and pulling my hair out. The motor works fine immediately after powering on, but after about 100m, all power is lost and the yellow light on the display starts flashing... resetting doesn't help.
When connected to the Fazua Toolbox program, there are no reported errors or abnormalities. After a few days, I discovered that I can solve the problem by physically disconnecting and reconnecting the connection between the motor and the battery - disconnecting the connectors between the battery and the motor. Yesterday, the motor worked normally for the entire ride. But today, the problem reappeared in the middle of the ride... I'm quite frustrated, and tomorrow I'm taking the bike to the distributor for service, but I doubt they have a solution... most likely it's a software issue.
Did you manage to solve the problem?

Timmybob

Nov 16, 2023
Mass
Thanks for the reply and sorry you're dealing with the same issue. I took my bike back to my local bike shop yesterday and they plan to call fazua on Monday. I contacted Santa Cruz rider support with the issue as well and they stated...

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear about the issues with your SL!

Sad to say, but this will likely end up being a warranty issue. In which case your shop will reach out to Fazua to get a new drive unit on order.

If for some reason Fazua isn't able to help, then we can work with the shop to get a custom order placed.

Let me know what your shop ends up doing.

Benc1234

Nov 19, 2023
Slovenia
I've opened the troubleshooting ticket with Faze - no answer till now.
Left my bike at the shop today...they will get in touch with Fazua as well.

Will let you know about the outcome.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Sounds like Fazua is still having issues from when they launched the Ride 60. Pivot SL's & Transition relays had issues too

Timmybob

Nov 16, 2023
Mass
My bike shop spoke with Fazua. They are shipping out a new drive unit to install, which should arrive next week.

Benc1234

Nov 19, 2023
Slovenia
I've just picked up the bike from the dealership....changed the drive unit / motor with a new one....
Let's see how long it lasts :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles