Running larger 223mm Galfer with Saint brakes?

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I put a Hope 220mm rotor on the front of my Merida which runs the Saint 4 pot brakes and it didn't come with an adapter so had to source that separately.
The one that's pictured in your link looks exactly the same so I'm assuming that you'll be fine with that one as it's says the whole kit is designed to suit your Saint brakes. Found it did what it said and although the stopping power wasn't lacking in the first place I'd bent my rotor and thought I'd give the larger one a go. Definitely has more feel to it now.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I have 220 sram rotors on the front of my decoy(saint) and meta am29(xt 4 pot). Sram 40mm adapters. If you added 1 or 2mm washers you should be good.
"virgin 420 stainless steel" flashbacks of grade 8 blue steel, fkna!!

Last edited:

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
I don't have Saint brakes but I use Galfer 223mm rotors with my Shimano XTR M9120 brakes. I ordered the kit from Galfer and it comes with adaptor needed to use on my bike.

CraigerC EMTB

May 6, 2020
Laguna Beach, CA
I'm running the Saints and the 223mm Galfer on the front with 200mm on the rear. I love the setup! As stated above the adaptor worked well. Just need to shim with washers to get alignment right like any other brakes. They work great together!

Cheers!

jk-

Jan 26, 2020
Around
Yes I am running Saints with the Galfer 223 front rotor on my fox 38 with the Galfer SB001 adaptor.

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
I have Hope 225/203mm on my Switchblade with the new style XTR 4piston brakes. To be perfectly honest I find the 225 overkill, the 4piston Shimano brakes just don’t need the extra large rotor, even for bike park use.

The Code RSC’s on my Decoy and TRP’s on my Tues, however, really do feel amazing now with the 225mm up front. They needed it.

Mr_Price

Feb 27, 2021
North Vancouver
I have Hope 225/203mm on my Switchblade with the new style XTR 4piston brakes. To be perfectly honest I find the 225 overkill, the 4piston Shimano brakes just don’t need the extra large rotor, even for bike park use.

The Code RSC’s on my Decoy and TRP’s on my Tues, however, really do feel amazing now with the 225mm up front. They needed it.
Sweet bike barn ??

Camstyn

Jun 19, 2019
Kamloops BC
Sweet bike barn ??
Thanks! Need to downsize it though, riding time is too limited and torn between selling the Tues or the Switchblade. The practical part of me says to sell the Switchblade as it’s too similar of a bike to the Decoy but I’ve barely ridden it, I’ve gotten a lot of use out of the Tues and it’s more bike than I need 99% of the time. Not trying to derail the thread, just venting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles