Roval wheel .

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Struggling to get this original Roval wheel up and running on Levo. It's been off since June . It has a shimano three pawl freehub with correct spacer and was working ok beforei bought Hope wheels. Broke Hope wheel last week so thought it would be a simple set up to get original up and going. Told the bearing gone on Roval so got it changed out locally , put it on bike but binding up cassette not spinning. Spoke to Berkshire saying make sure metal seal / washer is in groove on wheel before putting on new freehub on did that but still the same. So told bearings maybe not seated properly , put to my nearest bike shop they said the bearing was in squint so they sorted but still the same . Even put on original cassette with sram freehub on and still binding up . Got me beat . I've only put wheel in for repair not bike as I have changed this before with no problems.

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
So what year Roval wheel are you talking a bout? In 2019 the rear wheel set up was 11 speed on a HG freehub......in 2020/1 it was 12 speed shimano on a microspline freehub. If it is 2019 I know of no spacer needed for the freehub. You also say "new" freehub, so if you have fitted a new freehub is it the right one. There are 2 different lengths of HG freehub. The 34.95 mm HG freehub is I believe the right one for a 11 or 12 speed MTB cassette.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
19 wheel it was originally Sram XD drive with XG cassette. Converted to shimano using dt swiss freehub HBDT 4193 needed spacer for that to fit got it from TF Tuned they were Dt Swiss dealersat the time . Used that for a year then put Hope wheels on last June ok till damaged last week. Got new freehub so I could make up wheel as spare if needed . As I said tried original cassette with XD back on wheel all ok till you tighten it up . The new freehub has a number C2046-2 on it i can't find anything on that number online. I would have ordered the same HBDT4193 freehub for sure . Still doesn't explain why original set up does not work. Getting Hope wheel on warranty should arrive next week.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
so if the original freehub and cassette set up also binds it suggests the bearing you had changed in the hub is the wrong size ( width) since that is all that is different from when you previously used it.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
so if the original freehub and cassette set up also binds it suggests the bearing you had changed in the hub is the wrong size ( width) since that is all that is different from when you previously used it.
Yes you could be right thats about all that could be wrong now . I just take it for granted the shop that did it used the correct bearing , only the drive side was changed. These have been changed before with no issues at least once using local bike shop . I'm frustrated with it so will wait to get hope wheel back. May post wheel to Berkshire cycles where I got it . Thanks anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles