Roval hub

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Changing the drive on Roval hub on Levo expert to shimano body with Slx cassette . Anyone know the part number or size of the end cap/ spacer I presume XD drive one won't fit . Can't get spacer off been told it just pops off and told I have to loosen cassette which only has 5 mm for tool so struggling with it.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You need a proper cassette removal tool. You are best getting the type specifically designed for 12mm through axle

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
Changing the drive on Roval hub on Levo expert to shimano body with Slx cassette . Anyone know the part number or size of the end cap/ spacer I presume XD drive one won't fit . Can't get spacer off been told it just pops off and told I have to loosen cassette which only has 5 mm for tool so struggling with it.
on my rovals with the dt240 internals the endcap is on there tight but it comes off with a vice grip and a piece of inner tube so it's not scratched

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
usual advice is to put the cap in vice with soft jaws and just pull....the advantage being you have the complete wheel to pull on.

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
You need a proper cassette removal tool. You are best getting the type specifically designed for 12mm through axle
Got the tool only about 5mm purchase took it to locall shop still not budging. Been told spacer should pop off and maybe I can get more depth on tool I don't think so to be honest.
on my rovals with the dt240 internals the endcap is on there tight but it comes off with a vice grip and a piece of inner tube so it's not scratched
Got one still struggling

Binhill1

๐ŸŠ Tango Man ๐ŸŠ
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
usual advice is to put the cap in vice with soft jaws and just pull....the advantage being you have the complete wheel to pull on.
Tried and whole cassette coming off hub . Spoke to Speacialized waste of time that was. Seems different types some you have to remove cassette to get cap off but if not enough purchase. I Just need size of cap that will fit Slx cassette seems to be a problem. Have spoken to six shops re this still no answer.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles