Rocky Mountain eMTB Demo Ride Day - Brisbane, Australia

brw0513

May 18, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Hi All.

Gripe time.

I registered to ride a Rocky Mountain Altitude and Instinct at the demo ride day organised in Brisbane this coming Sunday 22/3/20. I've been looking forward to it for weeks.

I've been lurking on this forum for many months doing research. But stopped that since I decided the "feel" would be a much better way to decide anyway.

Got a phone call yesterday to confirm my attendance. But when asked about my experience level, I was told the day would not be for me given I was a novice. A ride around the parking area was offered.

Pffffffttttttt.

I need to start researching again.

Business must be booming at some bike shops!

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Is this the one at iron bark gully? If it is that's a bit harsh. Even though a couple of trails are rated black they'd be blue runs at best. And Even if you were a super novice they have the skills park there which would have been okay to ride around on to get a feel.

Can't imagine they'd be selling many rocky mountains that would force them to scare away potential customers, haven't seen one rocky mountain on my rides around Brisbane, bloody Levos everywhere but.

brw0513

May 18, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Yep - Ironbark Gully, Ferny Hills.

After talking with the organiser he did offer some time in the skills area.

But maybe the Levo is the way to go. The shop at Morningside has been very helpful with my EMC2 road bike :)

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
About a year ago there was a huge emtb day organised by some victorian shops at mt buller - over 100 riders, and LOTS if demo bikes ( merida, spec and giant from memory) . We did the buller epic which is an experience in itself , and seperated into groups between beginner, intermediate, and ego. A great day out but the beginners really struggled / held up other riders etc. ( I had nominated beginner because I had my 13 yo daughter along ) . Add injury retrieval into the picture, it was a very big day for the sweep riders / organisers.

Hopefully if you blast around the skills area the organiser will recognise you have the skill to go further?

Reactions: iXi

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I have a Norco VLT and I was tempted to have a demo of the rocky Mountains. These are my local trails and I've always wanted to test ride other bikes but guilt got the better of me as I'd just be wasting their time as I'd never buy one.
If cost was no option I'd probably get a levo or if it was I'd get a merida or even another norco. At least with the latter two you know if you have issues with the motor there is plenty of local support.

ScuzzII

Mar 23, 2020
Adelaide
Hi guys,
I suspect the demo day will be cancelled due to COVID anyway. I'm based in Adelaide and wanted a Rocky Mountain Altitude but was worried Adel does not have a dedicated dealer and so dropped the RM from my list. Think I made the right call

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles