robs video on protective equipment :(

fragledoozer

Aug 12, 2018
southport
So been riding without helmet body armour knee pads etc for ever and day........ never ever fall

Watched Rob's video on protective stuff and thought getting older had a good run time to gear up........

So went online helmet, protective pants (same as video) fit a treat, body armour, new gloves knee pads the works, first ride in the gear happened to be at night straight over the bars heavy landing legs cut etc you get the picture but all cool. Second ride next day of again but all good land on sand.

My point is ive been riding like i stole the bike for years no accidents the second i get safety conscious i can't stay on it........

I blame rob :cool:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Because you feel safer wearing the kit, you ride faster and run out of skill.

It is a well known psychological phenomenon. It is used on roads to make motorists slow down naturally. They put fade stripes on the road, more street furniture, taller hedges etc. It all gives the impression that the car is going faster than it is and despite the speedo being right in front of them, they slow down. Likewise, if I was to ride without my usual kit (helmet, knee&shin guards, elbow guards etc) I am sure that I would slow down or even not tackle the usual obstacles.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles