Rise H30 price change?

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
I placed my order from JansenUSA mid december with an expected deliver of mid january (hasnt arrived yet) for $5300. I just noticed its now up to $5700. Anyone else notice the prices jump recently? PS Im realy hoping i pay the original price since i can get a levo SL for $6k tomorrow if i wanted.

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
Answering my own thread. Talked to Jenson, Orbea raised their prices (oddly enough not on their own website) but Jenson is honoring the old price for bikes that were ordered but not delivered yet and trying to work with Orbea on those existing orders. I was also the first person to order a medium from Jenson and they expect the first deliveries in mid March now not mid Jan.

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
Was just about to reply - they raised prices in the UK this week on the H range by 5-6%
Selling like hot cakes apparently

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
Was just about to reply - they raised prices in the UK this week on the H range by 5-6%
Selling like hot cakes apparently

Which is messed up since selling and delivering are different things. At lease deliver a few in the US before raising the price. Especially after only a month of being on sale.

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
Which is messed up since selling and delivering are different things. At lease deliver a few in the US before raising the price. Especially after only a month of being on sale.
Yeh, it's not a good look really, if as Jenson are saying, they are 'trying to work with Orbea on those existing orders'. Shouldn't have to do that.
I spoke to a shop here today that seemed to have locked in their prices for delivery for next month from the sounds of it as they hadn't bumped the price, but in their T&C's it says pretty clearly that they can pass the cost on. I think with the H30 though, they're sold out most places, so new orders are all 6 months or so out, which is fair enough IMO.

mvtomas

Dec 12, 2021
Seattle WA area
Oh wow. I have an H15 on order at Jenson and my estimated ship date just slide to 3/8/2022. Placed order right when they came out for $6,299, which is what my order details still shows. But they are now $6,799. That's an 8% increase. That price increase and ship date slide happened today because I checked yesterday.

GolfChick

May 16, 2019
UK
Great according to the MTB monster website where I've got my preorder in it's subject to change and it's basically tough luck, need to decide now whether to cancel it or continue.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Great according to the MTB monster website where I've got my preorder in it's subject to change and it's basically tough luck, need to decide now whether to cancel it or continue.

Just check with them first - I bought from them in the past and when the price was changed by Orbea, I wasn’t charged extra.

GolfChick

May 16, 2019
UK
Well I'm tempted to not say anything in the hope they haven't realised but I reckon thats' probably just putting my head in the sand!

Phoenix

Dec 29, 2021
Devon
Just spoke to e-bikeshop.co.uk, and they said they will be honouring the pricing of preorders up to the *official* price change date, which is Thursday (20th Jan). We were speaking specifically about there February delivery, so can't speak to the whole shop policy, but they sounded very reasonable about it. They have not changed their prices yet, but will likely be doing so today, so it may be a bit blurred if you buy today - call and check beforehand if you are concerned.

All makes me wonder if shops who pass on this increase to already ordered bikes will be pocketing the difference, as I can't see a shop eating the increase if they were being charged extra by Orbea. That would be a significant hit on margins, and as already notes, unreasonable to buyers for a bike that's only been released for 6 weeks.

FWIW Its clear in the T&C's of e-bikeshop that they reserve the right to pass costs on, but here they are not ...
Draw your own conclusions/speculate away !! :unsure:

mvtomas

Dec 12, 2021
Seattle WA area
Oh wow. I have an H15 on order at Jenson and my estimated ship date just slide to 3/8/2022. Placed order right when they came out for $6,299, which is what my order details still shows. But they are now $6,799. That's an 8% increase. That price increase and ship date slide happened today because I checked yesterday.
Jenson confirmed to me today the price increase is for new orders only.

BadPiggy

Oct 18, 2020
In reply to the Janson delay. Can't say anything about the Orbea bikes, but will relate that there was a helmet I wanted for month that they had listed for delivery on X date. Which changed to X later date, to X even later day, and so on. Quit looking after about 6 months. The current state of things, I'm sure has allot to do with it, but I don't like the repeated shifting of dates. Point being, don't get excited about expected delivery dates. I'm sure current affairs are having an impact, but I would rather and honest "T.B.D." over a shifting date. I have bought from them for many years, and all but once, been happy with the service, and will order from them again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles