Ride control one controller?

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Hi guys.

The wife's Eeb is having some issues with the controller, the power mode won't change and it turns wheel even when I do nothing.

I disconnect it in the loom and it's ok, but then reconnect it goes nuts.

I then find if I hit the unit with a tap of a finger or 2, it's ok.

It's a 2020 Liv Embolden e+2 running older ride control one unit.

Can I replace with a later 2 unit? Or something else?
If not, where can I find a 1? Can't seem to see any in stock options

Cheers

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
If it helps, i have 245-FLED28-03

If i could find out which of the others are compatible that would also be a great help guys.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Well that didn't fix it. Same issue with another controller.

Lights stay on, buttons to change power mode do nothing, bike powers itself and spins wheel if I lift back wheel off the ground without touching pedals

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi not sure if it helps but I had similar issue, it turned out to be a worn cable under the plastic motor cover and water in the connectors of the battery port and motor, dried it out sprayed it with water dispersal spray then IPA (ISOPROPYL Alcohol) or contact spray left it a day and it sorted it 👍

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Thanks, it needed a new controller, the reason it wasn't 100% was that it needed a firmware update

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Ah that helps lol I've got the newer one aswell with ant + as the bracket snapped 🤣

I think my LBS charged me £32 for a Flash and a full diagnostic report, i tried to FW Update it myself but it failed. I think they use a cable instead of BT for the update which may have made the difference. Bike works fully now... Although it's not moved since it was repaired apart from a 2 minute test.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles