Ride 60 Range Extender/Spare battery

Apr 25, 2019
Perth Western Australia
Hi All,

I have just placed an order for a Transition Relay and was wondering if there is any word on the range extender or ability to buy a spare battery.

Cheers
Well related to this I am actually not sure there will ever be a range extender for the relay as I don't believe it has a charge port but the FAQ's say "currently" not available, so spare battery may be the only option for long rides!

Fuch

Dec 13, 2020
Buckinghamshire
I’m about to buy a bike with this motor but if it’s going to not have a range extender available i might have to rethink!…..shame

ehfour

Feb 28, 2024
Vancouver
Any word on spare batteries being available in the USA?
If I recall, there was someone else on another forum, who was able to order a second battery- I think they contacted Fazua and they gave him the contact of a bike shop who ordered it for them- somewhere around $700

Bman

Mar 12, 2021
Dallas, TX
I just got an email from Fazua NA that 210-wh extender will be launched late '24, available early '25. But I also heard that each of the last 2 years. I would not have bought my Pivot Shuttle SL, regardless of how much I really do like it, if I had known there wouldn't be an extender until at least 2 years after first promised.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
This is the exact reason that I haven't bought a transition relay or a heckler SL to replace my orbea rise. I desperately want either of those bikes, have the cash ready and waiting... but I do a ton of very large rides on my rise with the main battery and 2 range extenders. Not having the range extender is a deal breaker for me.

Fortunately, my shop has been very frank with me that a range extender is likely not coming any time soon for the fazua system and that's lead to me keeping my rise for another riding season.

Natch

Feb 10, 2024
Oregon
This is the exact reason that I haven't bought a transition relay or a heckler SL to replace my orbea rise. I desperately want either of those bikes, have the cash ready and waiting... but I do a ton of very large rides on my rise with the main battery and 2 range extenders. Not having the range extender is a deal breaker for me.

Fortunately, my shop has been very frank with me that a range extender is likely not coming any time soon for the fazua system and that's lead to me keeping my rise for another riding season.
Would carrying a 2nd battery inside a backpack be out of the question for you? I've been considering buying a 2nd battery for longer days.

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
Would carrying a 2nd battery inside a backpack be out of the question for you? I've been considering buying a 2nd battery for longer days.

I have a friend with a transition relay that does just that. That solution isn't quite optimum for me and presents enough draw backs that it stops me from sinking the large amount of money into the bike for a less then perfect operational experience.

The nice thing about carrying two range extenders vs two batteries, is that I can carry the second range extender in a small hip pack. This lets me wrap the straps from the hip pack to my handlebars and get the weight off my back for long, sustained fire road climbs. I do a lot of riding where I'll have a 4-6 mile climb that is 3,000' to 4,500' of vertical, so this is really the best case scenario for me and my crappy spine.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I have a friend with a transition relay that does just that. That solution isn't quite optimum for me and presents enough draw backs that it stops me from sinking the large amount of money into the bike for a less then perfect operational experience.

The nice thing about carrying two range extenders vs two batteries, is that I can carry the second range extender in a small hip pack. This lets me wrap the straps from the hip pack to my handlebars and get the weight off my back for long, sustained fire road climbs. I do a lot of riding where I'll have a 4-6 mile climb that is 3,000' to 4,500' of vertical, so this is really the best case scenario for me and my crappy spine.
That's the one down side of ebikes for me . When I was younger I would do mega runs not now I'm afraid. So much two day rides I would love to do but not prepared to carry a extra battery plus sleeping bag and food. 1200 battery would suit me .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles