• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Replacing Roval Rim or whole wheel?

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
Hi all. Bent my 2019 Spesh TL Roval Traverse Rear Wheel. The spokes are all fine, rim has a dent so can’t be trued. Could I get away with just swapping the rim? If so which would you recommend? If it’s the whole wheel, any preferences? Thanks in advance!

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
you might have to go the same model rim. It wouldn't take much for the spokes to be the wrong size. I'm guessing with the right tyre pressure you should be good?

fzootb

Oct 9, 2020
Henley on Thames
you might have to go the same model rim. It wouldn't take much for the spokes to be the wrong size. I'm guessing with the right tyre pressure you should be good?
This is useful insight, thanks. I am watching a few sets of wheels, but find that overkill as the hubs and seemingly the spokes are fine. Might be a local bike shop advice chat.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I have just replaced my front rim for a wider one and needed longer spokes. They cost £30. Just something to be aware of if you are going to replace with something different.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
It’s accident damage doubt you will get warranty. I think you’d be best looking for 2nd hand wheels, they do come up

I changed out the wheel set for hope fortus 30 but that was because I felt mine bent too easily

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles