Replacement rear shock. Heckler MX 2021.

Sonnyjim

Subscriber
Apr 5, 2022
UK
Hello all.
hopefully someone can give a bit of wisdom or advice regarding replacing the rear shock on a 2021 heckler MX. Long story short an attempted repair has rendered it fit for the bin.

the fox site lists the code as being 210 x 52.5 DPX but during googling have came across the heckler being fitted with a 55 stroke shock. is this a good/recommended option on the MX?

cheers

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
If you click into the Heckler MX suspension setup guide from the SC archive, it also specifies 52.5mm stroke:

Looks like 55mm is specified for the 27.5" version. Maybe someone else can chime in on whether you could get away with the longer stroke / increased suspension travel on MX, but for as-shipped you want 52.5mm.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I have the exact same bike. I can assure you that 52.5 is the way it SHOULD be, but have no idea if adding length would create any weirdness when the shock is fully extended. 55mm will give you an extra 6.7mm of travel.

What I CAN recommend is that you throw down a little extra cash on a better shock. I'm rockin' the 2023 Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate. It's WAY better than the old DP
X.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Cheers for above, going to order a RS super deluxe tomorrow.
I was confused reading this and replies... I see references to a DPX shock, isn't that a Fox shock? As far as I’m aware seeing the bikes and talking to guys at demo center (I live near US factory), SC specs Rockshox for their e-bike’s air shock due to added e-bike weight and RS handling higher air pressure than Fox does. Id step up to tje Ultimate version of shock, more adjustability offered.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles