2021 heckler Mx battery range for light rider…

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Hi guys I need a little help. Looking at purchasing a used but literally new 2021 Heckler Mx for my wife. Looking to see what the average battery range for that bike is, this is based of riding fairly modest trails and maybe some 600 to 750m range some times. She is a intermediate rider at best. I have a bullit and it’s perfect for me. Just not interested in purchasing a extra battery for now anyways.. any help or input would be very much appreciated! Cheers

Wintyfresh

Dec 14, 2021
Ramona, CA
It really depends on the mode used, rider weight, and elevation change. The worst I've seen, while chasing friends on e-bikes up the side of a mountain, was ~88% battery usage in ~15 miles, most of it in Boost mode. Conversely when riding with people on Amish bikes I've only used 45% of my battery in 26 miles. I'm 200 lbs. Hope this helps!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Looking to see what the average battery range for that bike is, this is based of riding fairly modest trails and maybe some 600 to 750m range some times. She is a intermediate rider at best.

I ride a 2021 Heckler, and I tip the scales at 195. There's a ride that I do periodically, where it consistently eats up 90% to 98% of my battery. I ride it on Eco the whole way because I know it's going to be close. Distance is 24 miles, and climbing is 2300 4300 feet as measured by Strava. It's 5600 if you go by Trailforks. If your wife weighs less than me, then I would expect her range to increase accordingly.

Last edited:

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Thank you to both of you. This all makes sense. Purchased the bike last night. Wife is happy.. cheers !!!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Thank you to both of you. This all makes sense. Purchased the bike last night. Wife is happy.. cheers !!!

She'll like the bike.
Sorry about my previous data. I inadvertently typed 2300. It should have been 4300 feet.
And today I did a 22 mile ride, 3700 feet, and have about 25% battery left.
She ought to be able to ride forever.

Another thought that might be of value: My MX came with the Factory DPS and Pike Ultimate. I found them both to be harsh. On the fork, I took out 2 volume spacers, and on the shock, I changed it from 0.6 to 0.5. I could go a little smaller out back, and the fork is pretty spot on. Unless your wife is hucking it off giant drops, she might benefit from fewer spacers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles