Recommendations - cranks - Bosch Gen 4

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
Need to get some new cranks for Bosch CX Gen. 4 motor EMTB. Not convinced I want to spend £200 on Hope (appreciate they are good but people seem to justify cost by saying they look pretty 🤩) so wondered if there are any good recommendations for some on the £100 price range.

Any recommendations appreciated. Cheers

Darren66

Mar 7, 2020
uk
I had Hope, changed to Pinnd

FvxDqMwXoAMIpS-.jpg

TommyC

Jul 7, 2022
Hampshire
I just got these;

Miranda Mis17 Unisex Adult E Bike Fit Alloy Cranks Delta Style E Bike Cranks Delta - Black, 155mm https://amzn.eu/d/7KRNvjI

Went cheap as I wasn’t sure how I’d like the shorter arms. Feels no different except I don’t keep dragging my heels on the dirt now

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
I just got these;

Miranda Mis17 Unisex Adult E Bike Fit Alloy Cranks Delta Style E Bike Cranks Delta - Black, 155mm https://amzn.eu/d/7KRNvjI

Went cheap as I wasn’t sure how I’d like the shorter arms. Feels no different except I don’t keep dragging my heels on the dirt now
Couldn't resist at £37.05 for a pair of 155mm cranks so bought two pairs (for my wife and my 2022 alloy Rails).

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
I was thinking of getting Hope but saw the post about Pinnd and had a look - they are £155 but you can get Hope for just 99p more!

RiderOnTheStorm

I've got the pinnd 145mm and thought that I might have gone too short but once I'd got used to them they are great and not had a pedal strike since!
Thanks for the feedback. No pedal strikes is great!

I've been reading that short cranks can make you feel less anchored during downhill runs due to the shorter standing platform between wheels. Probably something people can get used to after a while.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
… short cranks can make you feel less anchored during downhill runs due to the shorter standing platform…
That kinda makes sense. I went a little bit shorter, 165mm to 160mm. A few less peddle strikes on technical climbs, but after a few rides you don’t notice much difference. Higher POE for the hub made a difference for me.

As far as new cranks, the titanium were a ridiculous price. But the Era carbon were cheaper and lighter.

Don’t buy these unless it’s your birthday or you’re unreasonable like me.
IMG_6015.jpeg

kipperkendall

Jun 23, 2023
England
Fitted the Pinnd today, very good quality construction and look strong. Guess you get what you pay for! The reason for change was that the ones on bike were a cheaper crank (Miranda) and one was slightly bent.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
I figured it’s just a lump of metal. If they bend maybe I’ll spend £150-200 on some bling ones
I bought Miranda Deltas , they lasted a few weeks before a decent pedal strike bent one of them like it was butter. The price is right , I just wished they were a little tougher.
(lets keep my riding skills out of this discussion please) 😁

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles