Rear shock upgrade for MY20 Trance E+2pro.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Fox DPS to FOX X2.

Hi folks, I’m looking to fit a 2024 Fox X2 in place of my Fox DPS and wonder what the bottom mounting hardware is like.
Will it just fit as it is? Or do I need some kind of dedicated bushing?

This is how mines going to arrive…So that bore reducer needs to come out… but does anything go back in its place? I’d assume there is some kind of factory bushing. But is there? Has Anyone done this swop on one of these And can advise me?

IMG_1316.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I think you'll find that the new shock comes with a white nylon bushing. You'll pull out the two aluminum bushings that are on your current shock and stick them into the new one. You might want to slop a little grease in there prior to assembly.

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
I think you'll find that the new shock comes with a white nylon bushing. You'll pull out the two aluminum bushings that are on your current shock and stick them into the new one. You might want to slop a little grease in there prior to assembly.
Morning, thanks for the reply.
The one in the image is the new (to me) shock that hasn't arrived with me yet.

It was setup for a different bike, so will be delivered as per the picture with no other bushings.
I'm trying to ascertain what i need to buy to make it fit mine which was a DPS as standard.
The MY20 with DPS has the lower bolt straight through the shocks 15mm eyelet with no bushings at all, which seems kind of odd.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles