Levo SL Gen 1 Rear mudguard for turbo levo sl 2020

xmiss_cazx

Feb 10, 2020
Uk, suffolk
Hello Iv been trying to find some information on what will fit for a rear mudguard for the turbo levo sl. But getting alittle confused. Can anyone share some photos and what your using and how much of the rear it protects. I seen mudguards for the normal levo but not sure if they fit the same. Just want to protection for all of it really. Thanks

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Hello Iv been trying to find some information on what will fit for a rear mudguard for the turbo levo sl. But getting alittle confused. Can anyone share some photos and what your using and how much of the rear it protects. I seen mudguards for the normal levo but not sure if they fit the same. Just want to protection for all of it really. Thanks

Sicomtb

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Sicomtb for the SL.
Works real good to protect the suspension linkage and the back of the motor/chainstay.

CA76AAF3-216D-45A6-9AEC-DDF73ED4E525.png

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Have failed to mention it's £55.00 plus shipping cost for two small pieces of plastic.
for less than half the price and same performance.... get a shorty X front Mud Hugger and the Max Front extender...
link..... DH / ENDURO
£26 inc. postage. Fit the extender and then strap to the bottom chain stay (not the top one.. seat stay). It will fit if you use 2.3" tyres.

like here....
2211F451-9B8D-45D9-86D3-1A0A4CAF6968.jpeg

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
I like the Sicomtb product but it is about $85 USD shipped to the US. I'm gonna' have to think about that one.

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
$10g bike and people are worrying about a $100 guard that protects your bike.
?
I only have the cheap $6.5g bike but I ordered the guard, hope this fancy piece doesn't look out of place on my cheap bike. ;)
But... does anyone have any real data that shows a mudguard actually extends bearing life?

Last edited:

Dod Colony

Sep 28, 2020
Scotland
The Sicomtb is ludicrously expensive for what it is. Not the toughest plastic either, one of the small cable tie loops broke off in my hand - and it sqeaks!!
It does look good though.

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
I bought the Sicomtb for mine a few weeks back (ordered the day I took delivery of my SL) and can't get the bottom piece to fit without it looking like a bodge (i.e. cable ties going at strange angle through the slots in the rubber guard which then pulls the rubber guard away from the frame). Sicomtb asked me for a picture to show the problem but never responded. Has anyone got a detailed picture of the bottom piece fitted? At the moment I'm just running the top piece which is doing a reasonable job.

We bought a second SL a couple of weeks later and moved across a Polisport X-Cape front mudguard from another bike onto the back of that (needed trimming above the chain stay). This was supposed to be a temporary solution pending gettng a second Sicomtb rear guard (once I worked out how to fit the bottom piece) but to be honest that does a much better job of keeping cack away from the bearings than the Sicomtb top piece alone so is now permanent.

Norcalsl

Jul 12, 2020
Northern California
I bought the Sicomtb for mine a few weeks back (ordered the day I took delivery of my SL) and can't get the bottom piece to fit without it looking like a bodge (i.e. cable ties going at strange angle through the slots in the rubber guard which then pulls the rubber guard away from the frame). Sicomtb asked me for a picture to show the problem but never responded. Has anyone got a detailed picture of the bottom piece fitted? At the moment I'm just running the top piece which is doing a reasonable job.

We bought a second SL a couple of weeks later and moved across a Polisport X-Cape front mudguard from another bike onto the back of that (needed trimming above the chain stay). This was supposed to be a temporary solution pending gettng a second Sicomtb rear guard (once I worked out how to fit the bottom piece) but to be honest that does a much better job of keeping cack away from the bearings than the Sicomtb top piece alone so is now permanent.
No photo but I can confirm the Sicomtb smaller rear piece cannot be zip-tied without pulling the rubber guard away from the frame on my Levo SL. I took it off and am just going to use the second, larger rear guard.

Captain45

Oct 1, 2019
Usa
No photo but I can confirm the Sicomtb smaller rear piece cannot be zip-tied without pulling the rubber guard away from the frame on my Levo SL. I took it off and am just going to use the second, larger rear guard.

this is the same with the standard levo. The OEM rubber guard has to be removed in order for the smaller piece to fit. Unfortunately that rubber piece keeps rocks from getting lodged between the linkage parts so I did the same, scrapped the bottom piece and left only the top on. Seems to be okay so far.

madesicc251

Nov 3, 2020
US
Does anyone know what a part name or number is for the little rubber guard above the rear pivot area? My SL comp didn't come with one and can't find anything about it. Thanks

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

My solution which keeps the guard high

7EB26057-EDC2-495B-A6D9-896E1A4A5BEB.jpeg

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
My solution which keeps the guard high

View attachment 43558
That's exactly what I was planning to do (it looks like you tried another couple of extra slots at the top too). I was convinced the slots as received were in the wrong place but didn't want to go poking a hot screw driver through it until I had other feedback. When you spend a small fortune on a two piece mudguard, you feel robbed when only one part fits properly.

Mooncat

Aug 10, 2020
UK
Does anyone know what a part name or number is for the little rubber guard above the rear pivot area? My SL comp didn't come with one and can't find anything about it. Thanks
If your Comp is an aluminium version, from what I've seen they don't have the cover.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Ue
That's exactly what I was planning to do (it looks like you tried another couple of extra slots at the top too). I was convinced the slots as received were in the wrong place but didn't want to go poking a hot screw driver through it until I had other feedback. When you spend a small fortune on a two piece mudguard, you feel robbed when only one part fits properly.
Yeah it was a strange fit the bottom piece as Kenevo version was perfect. In any case, this was a solution for me.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
this is the same with the standard levo. The OEM rubber guard has to be removed in order for the smaller piece to fit. Unfortunately that rubber piece keeps rocks from getting lodged between the linkage parts so I did the same, scrapped the bottom piece and left only the top on. Seems to be okay so far.
If you fit the lower part the rubber shield is not required as debris wont get in there.

mariner

Jun 4, 2019
England
Do look at the new SKS range including those due out next year.
SKS appear to be designing to include emtb.
I have just fitted SKS VeloFexx on a regular mtb with short chain stays.
I ar un injeer but it took me a while to figure out how to fit them.
There are more tywraps than there should be and had to drill some holes but otherwise work well.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Anybody running 2.6 tires using the Sicomtb mudguard on their SL..

I'm running 2.5's.... it was rubbing but they determined that they sent me an early production version with plastic that was too thick. They are shipping me the new version. The lower section fits fine, ti was the top that was rubbing. I've been running just the bottom section for now, as that's the most important part.

Housenotes

Aug 20, 2020
Missouri
I'm running 2.5's.... it was rubbing but they determined that they sent me an early production version with plastic that was too thick. They are shipping me the new version. The lower section fits fine, ti was the top that was rubbing. I've been running just the bottom section for now, as that's the most important part.
Thanks for your reply. Which color did you order? I've got a shiny black frame and wondering whether to get the matt, gloss or carbon.

grantini

E*POWAH Master
May 7, 2019
Delaware
Thanks for your reply. Which color did you order? I've got a shiny black frame and wondering whether to get the matt, gloss or carbon.
I've had all of them, but currently have shiny black on my SL Expert Carbon and have the faux Carbon Fiber on my Sworks Levo.... when I had a 20 Alloy Comp Levo and, before that, a base 18 levo, I had matte black which was what the bikes were.

Housenotes

Aug 20, 2020
Missouri
I've had all of them, but currently have shiny black on my SL Expert Carbon and have the faux Carbon Fiber on my Sworks Levo.... when I had a 20 Alloy Comp Levo and, before that, a base 18 levo, I had matte black which was what the bikes were.
Thanks. I contacted the company and they told me that the carbon one is not as durable as the Matt- different material. Any thoughts on that since you’ve had them all.

Mtbvkk

Feb 21, 2020
Seattle, wa
I taped the area under the rubber protector since it is open and has wires going to the motor with mastic tape. Then a 9$ amazon front fender to keep mud away from the linkage into which i added velcro straps.

C72AA7BC-94FC-4AE4-8E8A-3AC4C3145579.jpeg

4917BBEA-B6EC-4F20-9609-86A41CB1B97C.jpeg

183CCB05-DC43-4F5C-B6C6-F422A39DE6C4.jpeg

Dod Colony

Sep 28, 2020
Scotland
Fitted the V3 a couple of weeks back, they've done away with the flimsy lugs and the plastic feels a lot stronger than the V2. Still a total rip off though:)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles