Rear light with dropper post

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Lol, I'll admit that doing this since before the days of suspension forks (my first suspension was a 2.1 inch red front tire) I sometimes forget the dropper exists.... Although I'm seeing the advantages more and more and remember it's there more often after 3 seasons on my mtb. For the record, I do ride only dirt, some is technical, some flowy.... One thing I'm not and never will be is a super aggressive down hiller or big air rider

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
same mate. Remember when Panaracer brought out the Dart in a 2.2"?
Game changer or what? o_O:LOL:

Yup! I also remember the Panaracer Smoke. Which I was partial to for many seasons. What was your first full sus bike? I held off doing fork only for a few years as they gained ground. Lept right into a Klein Mantra..... Which I still ride as a townie bike

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Bizarrely my first FS mtb was a carbon/plastic GT STS DH.
I'd been lent a fair few FS bikes to try but I was, and still am a massively stubborn fan of hardtails and raced 2 full national DH seasons on a 100mm fork hardtail before peer pressure and improving results made me pony up for the proper tool for the job. A mate of mine round here still has an OG Klein in his shed, I honestly thought it'd be among the last surviving ones not to have cracked

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Bizarrely my first FS mtb was a carbon/plastic GT STS DH.
I'd been lent a fair few FS bikes to try but I was, and still am a massively stubborn fan of hardtails and raced 2 full national DH seasons on a 100mm fork hardtail before peer pressure and improving results made me pony up for the proper tool for the job. A mate of mine round here still has an OG Klein in his shed, I honestly thought it'd be among the last surviving ones not to have cracked

I never raced. Lots of great trails where I lived and I always loved being out in the woods. Had a great crew I used to ride with every Sunday.

What's an OG? I remember the Adroit and it's insane ball busting ride.
Apologies for hijacking the thread for a bit

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Rummaging around in a drawer in the garage tonight, I found this:
6851B589-D842-44DD-B12B-0FDDE951B71C.jpeg

Thinking back to which bike it was on, I think it must’ve been in there since about 2012.
It wouldn’t switch on, and I was very surprised when I opened it to find that the cheap looking non branded battery hadn’t spilled its guts all over the inside!

I fitted a new battery, and voila... it works.
The strap wasn’t long enough for the frame part of the seat tube... but I could get it round the AXS collar. Makes it a very tight fit for the AXS battery (less than 1mm between the) - however I think it’ll be fine for now.
In a few weeks, it’ll probably be light enough to stay out much later anyway... so there may be no need to replace it at all.

I do quite fancy one of the auto brake lights though!

6A702762-C21B-48DE-B39E-35C282376ACA.jpeg

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Good work - I am permanently finding old bike lights when I go to clear out my various man draws every half decade

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Good work - I am permanently finding old bike lights when I go to clear out my various man draws every half decade
My post spurred me to look in the draws in my hallway, whose main purpose is the storage of poo bags and dog kit. Low and behold look what I found, even a key for a lock I don’t know I had that must be in another draw ?

FFADD4B7-F3B4-4181-9481-542159E34073.jpeg

Frenchy_Eric

Apr 5, 2020
France
I'm very satisfied with the Bontrager Flare RT (and the Ion Pro RT for the front).
Can be connected to a Garmin, with automatic start up and control. Flashing modes are very impressive.

BontragerFlareRTTailLight_23999_A_Primary.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah, I said so in my previous post
Rear light with dropper post - EMTB Forums

a lot of the cheaper ones aren't genuine and don't actually function as they should in the auto mode.
I suspect most folk probably don't even notice/realise how the light is meant to function but relying on a light that's meant to automatically switch on by motion sensing but doesn't is pretty dangerous.
The copies are fine in manual mode though.

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
I ride my Specialized Turbo Levo SL on public roads to my local trails. I have the AXS Reverb dropper post. Was doing my head in finding rear light solutions other than using a Lezyne Zeto strapped to a hydration pack or a helmet mounted Exposure Link Plus. Anyway, the bike has a Specialized saddle with SWAT mount so there are at least two nifty solutions:

- Specialized Stix Elite II rear + Stix saddle mount
- Exposure TraceR + Action mount clip + SWAT saddle action mount

[The SWAT saddle action mount from Ebay. 3D printed but does the job.]

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles