Rear hub problem not pawls ?

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all I've dropped my rear wheel and axle in to the shop where I bought it for 4th time the axle is very tight on one side to push through new axle same problem so we assume the sleeve on the hub is faulty but giant now want pic of frame and wheel then might be weeks before I get it back its only done 3-400 miles for God's sake anybody else had this giant seem to have a real problem with quality control?

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
Had my controller replaced after water ingress , Giant dealer, no issues done under warranty same day.
Not been a problem since.
Hope you get sorted fella, good luck ??

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Ditto - fantastic warranty support via dealer / giant
snapped front sprocket - dealt with via email with pics
water ingress screen - ditto

think of those bike pics as giant wanting to double check your dealers opinion - probably a good sign since the dealers original solution was wrong?

ps my rear bearings failed around those km- didn't bother with warranty because upgrading bearings is a cheap investment imho

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi well tbh I've got a brand new set of wheels I got built up with hope hub mavic en 827 rim and sapim laser spokes there lovely but there 29er to fit my old bike do I'm now looking at using hubs to build some 27.5 wheels it's a bloody shame tbh there light strong and ride beautiful but wrong size ?

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
The rear hub problem is well known on the 2019 Giants. Bit annoying but still an amazing bike at a great price.

Take my advice get a new back wheel and have peace of mind.

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
The plot thickens giant have now asked for a pic of the serial number on bike a pic of rear of the bike and a pic of the whole bike minus rear wheel ffs this is taking ages to sort not happy with warranty customer service at all ? meanwhile I've been over a week with no bike grrrr

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi all yes the shop stripped a wheel fitted parts to mine and where still waiting on giant but I've got a rear wheel, ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles