Rail Kiox mount

Kodo28

Mar 13, 2020
FRANCE
Kiox mount on top tube is kind of made specific for Trek.
Not sure if this can be purchased as retrofit.

Picture from net.
1584292136789.png

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Hi there,

Could someone please post of a photo of their top tube Kiox mount? Does anyone know here they can be purchased?

TIA

I had a Rail 9.9 with Kiox. The Knock Block has a screw hole that the mount attaches to, and there is a small pin that goes into a wee hole that stops it rotating.

Although it’s the cleanest looking mount and out of the way of danger, I didn’t think it was in a great place for viewing. Out of your general line of vision.

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Agreed, the top-tube mount position may be out of the way and save the display if having a accident, but it is not a natural place to look.

I ride my bike quite hard and have had a few offs where I get thrown on the top-tube and the Kiox flys off into the woods.

Still think the best mounts out there are the ones Cube have on the handlebars, close to the stem.

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
What Wisconsin HQ? Also what’s the name or link to the place you ordered from in BC?
Treks head office is in Wisconsin, which is also the hub for all there parts. I ordered my mount from Bicycle Sports Pacific which is a trek dealer. Any trek dealer should be able to order the part.

Stro3579

Oct 2, 2020
USA
Treks head office is in Wisconsin, which is also the hub for all there parts. I ordered my mount from Bicycle Sports Pacific which is a trek dealer. Any trek dealer should be able to order the part.
Thanks for responding. One more question. I have the trek rail 7. What other parts are needed to upgrade to the kiox on the top tube other than the mount and getting the kiox and controller? Anything else needed?

dochabanero

Sep 8, 2019
Sweden
Thanks for responding. One more question. I have the trek rail 7. What other parts are needed to upgrade to the kiox on the top tube other than the mount and getting the kiox and controller? Anything else needed?

Nope, upgrade kit and a mount is what you need.

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
No nothing else is needed, the screw for the knock block holds the mount, I have a rail7 also.

Stro3579

Oct 2, 2020
USA
Hi there, I have installed a kiox on my rail 7 and just got the same mount as you have...

However there is two small pegs under the mount just close to where the screwhole is that's keeping it from mounting flush with the frame, did you have a similar issue or have i got something wrong here?

BTW i have the same color as you ??
Can you post a pict? I just installed mine on the rail 7 same color as well. I had no problems. Did you separate the mount it cam with?

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Did you feed both wires on the left side of the mount? As on my mount there is only one channel for the two wires to exit under the mount at the top left side, if you have one or both wires not in this channel then it won't mount flush to the top tube.

It's kinda silly design, they should have made two channels as one wire is on the left for the remote and the other should go on the right of the headset that goes to the motor. This means the motor wire has to run in front of the headset instead of behind.

Kaufman

Nov 4, 2020
Sweden Stockholm
I have highlighted the problem, the two pins are interfering with the knock block chip... Haven't even gotten to the cables i still have the kiox on the stem.

20201104_212647.jpg

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
I don't think my mount had those two buttons, it does look like that insert can be taken out by the look of the pic?

Kaufman

Nov 4, 2020
Sweden Stockholm
Ok that's what I was thinking too, good idea about that but I just tried and it is moulded in there... If you could take a look at yours i would be really grateful ?

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
So I took mine off tonight and it has the same two buttons, they should not be causing the mount any seating issues tho as they are recessed and don't touch the frame or knock block. Are both your wires feeding out the left hand side channel. I torqued it back down and it sits pretty flush at 3nm.Goodluck mate!
Hope the pics or reply help.

20201104_164044.jpg

20201104_164033.jpg

20201104_163517.jpg

Kaufman

Nov 4, 2020
Sweden Stockholm
Awesome thank you so much for that ? i guess I'll mount it up today ? and i have a plan to make the wiring look better by filing out an extra channel for the motorcabel on the right side, I'll update with pictures later ?

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
Awesome thank you so much for that ? i guess I'll mount it up today ? and i have a plan to make the wiring look better by filing out an extra channel for the motorcabel on the right side, I'll update with pictures later ?
Can we see a pic of how you mounted it in the end ? I'm thinking of doing the same

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
I also thought of making a channel on the right side for the drive wire but then I thought about left turns and the extra slack needed for that so in the end I just stuck to the suggested wire routing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles