Rail for some xc trails

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
I ride everything from super easy XC trails or rail trails to full DH trails on my Rail all on 2.6 Minions working on the principle that your tyres should be set up for the most difficult conditions you will encounter. If I was doing regular riding less challenging trails, I'd investigate something in the 29 x 2.3/2.4 range with a shallower tread for a little less rolling resistance and better range. Maxxis Dissector looks good.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Has anyone used ther rail for xc sorta trails?

I've a spare wheelset I had planned to get some fast rolling tyres for.

what sorta tyres an widths did you go for?
I haven’t as before I could ride it it had to go back to the shop , once I get it back it will spend most of its life doing xc stuff and light trials

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I ride everything from super easy XC trails or rail trails to full DH trails on my Rail all on 2.6 Minions working on the principle that your tyres should be set up for the most difficult conditions you will encounter. If I was doing regular riding less challenging trails, I'd investigate something in the 29 x 2.3/2.4 range with a shallower tread for a little less rolling resistance and better range. Maxxis Dissector looks good.
Maxxis Dissector is a great tyre I have these on my orbea rise good fast rolling tyre

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Having to option to lockout the shock is nice for the flats or lighter trails. I used maxxis 2.6 DH but they were worn out and needed a change anyways. I think proper tires make a big difference.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles