Upgrading fork for Powerfly 4 FS, need some help choosing

jb42

Apr 9, 2022
UK
Hi all, I've been riding my new 2022 Trek Powerfly FS 4 for a couple of weeks and noticed the suspension is very hard. I set it up to what was recommended on Trek's suspension calculator for my weight but even just riding on relatively flat dirt paths the bike is so uncomfortable and every bump is felt. It currently has Suntour XCR 34. I've heard this fork isn't great so I'd like to upgrade it to something better and see if that helps. I'm a bit worried about buying the wrong fork especially since it's an eMTB, can anyone suggest something that would fit?

The spec on Trek's website says this for the fork spec:

Size: M , L , XL
SR Suntour XCR 34, air spring, LO R damper, hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm bolt-on thru axle, 120 mm travel

Wodger63

Apr 18, 2022
Australia
Hi all, I've been riding my new 2022 Trek Powerfly FS 4 for a couple of weeks and noticed the suspension is very hard. I set it up to what was recommended on Trek's suspension calculator for my weight but even just riding on relatively flat dirt paths the bike is so uncomfortable and every bump is felt. It currently has Suntour XCR 34. I've heard this fork isn't great so I'd like to upgrade it to something better and see if that helps. I'm a bit worried about buying the wrong fork especially since it's an eMTB, can anyone suggest something that would fit?

The spec on Trek's website says this for the fork spec:

Size: M , L , XL
SR Suntour XCR 34, air spring, LO R damper, hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, 44 mm offset, oversized crown for eMTB, Boost110, 15 mm bolt-on thru axle, 120 mm travel
I knew when I bought my Powerfly 4 that the forks were terrible so I looked into what was available beforehand and factored that in to cost of purchase.
I purchased these before I even picked the bike up.
1600 klms later I have no complaints, highly recommend.
Yes you can buy better but value for dollar I think they're a good option.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles