Race Face Atlas vs Renthal Fatbar opinions plz

BIT_IFFY

Jun 27, 2023
VIC Australia
I'm currently running Renthal Fatbar35 with 30mm rise and love the feel and position (I really like a minimal back sweep - Renthal have 7deg back sweep) but they're gold and I kinda want black (or blue) bars. I'm considering Race Face Atlas 35's even though they're 8deg back sweep and want opinions on feel from those that have tried them both. What's the difference in stiffness and do you think one is more fatiguing than the other?

And before anyone brings it up, I have tried TAG metals bars, they have the same rise and sweep as Renthals, but I hate them. Very jarring and fatiguing, I even have a brand-new bar in the shed that I would rather throw away than use.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
I know, but they're more expensive that the RF Atlas bars and I've done lots of money in the EOFY June sales here already.
If money is a worry and your bars feel good now surely the colour is a long way back in the replacement needs (y)
If not go black renthals rather than take the risk of another set of bars you dont like
we are all different so recommendation's can be difficult .

BIT_IFFY

Jun 27, 2023
VIC Australia
If money is a worry and your bars feel good now surely the colour is a long way back in the replacement needs (y)
If not go black renthals rather than take the risk of another set of bars you dont like
we are all different so recommendation's can be difficult .
You have a good point, which is why Im asking for (objective) opinions from people that have tried them both. If I'm not hearing they're feeling similar, I'll buy the black Renthals as I don't need another set of unused bars in the shed.

And 'needs' and 'wants' are two different things. I didn't 'need' to buy a new Spank stem in the sales last week, I 'wanted' to. Same goes for the bars :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles