Fasst Flexx Carbon Bars? Opinions?

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
I'm considering springing for these... or if not these, some other carbon bars. I was curious if anybody else uses them or has tried them?

Rob

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ther're an absolutely stipid concept for control on a mtb.

would i be correct in thinking you're a beginner to Emtb? If so spend your money on riding and fuel to get to decent places to ride or perhaps a coaching session. before pointless carbon bars

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I tried the MX flexx bars and thought they were atrocious. To be fair, I was actually testing them for someone and would have never even bothered for myself. Pretty certain they caused a couple crashes due to flexing in corners.

kneecap

Sep 10, 2020
so cal USA
I have fAST bars on both my e mountain bikes. Love them, it's like having an extra 20/30mm bump absorption in the front.
However I've always preferred a plush bike for pounding through rough trails. I see vids of guys pounding down trails with so much camera bounce can hardly see what's going on. Fast bars can be setup from very compliant to quite firm depending on elastomers you choose.

Last edited:

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I'm considering springing for these... or if not these, some other carbon bars. I was curious if anybody else uses them or has tried them?

Rob
They work as described with no draw backs as far as I can tell. I have the aluminium version. They add weight compared to a normal bar of course but I believe the benefits out weigh that. If not Spank Vibracore and One up Carbon bars add more comfort but do not come close to these in terms of comfort. There are some useful videos on line about the Flexx bars which you should check out, including from my namesake Loamranger.

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
Thanks for the input! I think I'm going to order a set. I'm getting the red elastomers installed and a second set of yellow ones (slightly softer) in case I want to change them; they're only $10 a set. My hands have been going numb while riding so I'm hoping this will help with that.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I’m the U.K. version, he’s the Canadian copy version 😂

Red elastomers is the way they come fitted, there are softer and harder ones supplied in the box. I’m on red atm, weight around 83kg and are fitted to a Specialized SL. I kept the width at 800 wide. In the U.K. the distributor offers 30 days trial.

Let us know how you find them.

RobG

Apr 27, 2022
Fulltime RV
Okay, so there are two of you, and one is an imposter? :)

I'm close to you in weight. I was going to cut mine down to 780 or maybe even 760. Will do 780 first, as that's what the bike's bars are right now. I may be adding bar ends, so 780 might be the best move. I want to be able to reorient my hands when riding and bar ends will let me do that. When I used to ride all the time 20 years ago, bar ends were very popular... now it seems nobody uses them.

Reactions: CjP

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
Mini bar ends like Loamlabs which are designed to protect your pinky from tree hits also act in the same way to register your hands on the bars. Aaron Gwin tries to do this with the uptick on his grips. Otherwise reverse BMX or MX grips do a similar and possibly better job.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles