Rémy Métailler rides the new Propane Ekano 2CF with the SRAM Eagle Powertrain (motor).

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
He doing things that some thought was not possible with an eMTB. Just yesterday I was stopped by a traditional rider who asked many questions. I could almost see and hear the wheels turning in his head. It looked like envy.

Is it just me or does his bike look too big? It could be the 180mm forks. Good review for the new Propane.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
I always thought the company name sounded french but it appears to be founded by two Germans.

"This explains Propain´s popularity and growth. Initially, Markus Zander´s basement formed the headquarters, which was soon moved from Frankfurt via Ginsheim to Gustavsburg. 2012 marked an important year in the company´s young history: the Propain Bicycles GmbH was founded, David Assfalg entered the company as its second managing director and Propain moved to a larger facility in Tettnang, near Lake Constance. Additionally, Propain switched over to a customer direct distribution model. An essential key to the success, which allows for direct undisguised communication between manufacturer and customer, and also guarantees best prices."

Note the name is spelled Propain. Glad you got the joke Zimmerframe :)

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Given how Remi rides, I am surprised that he picked such a heavy bike (he ownly weighs around 140 lbs). Then again, when you are fully sponsored, you ride what you are given and Remi can make anything look awesome. Its still not cool when he rides up a down hill only trail (rock slab) as it sends the wrong message to other new emtb'r who don't know any better.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I guess he got some grief :) :

DEAR YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS...
I put a lot of effort into my job which is riding bikes and creating content. (Also helping my partners to show what their products can do, because without them I would not be able to ride full time. Yes Youtube only pays well if you have millions and millions of subscribers, and life in BC is not cheap. It's gorgeous though.)
Truly I love riding all things two wheels. I love going fast, sweating, pushing myself, doing stuff that has not been done before and sharing all of it with you. I'm very busy though. I have a sweet Moto I barely ride because all my focus goes into biking. I wish I was spending more time surfing and skiing too, but these videos don't make themselves.
The last video I posted, on the E-Bike: That was not a push for you to get into riding E-bikes. That was truly a video about why I enjoy mine so much, what it brings me and this bike specifically which is all new.
You don't like E-Bike, that's fine. I don't like mushrooms, sharks, wars, cold temperatures and that's fine too.
The title I used was a bit click baity, I agree. But if I wrote " Riding Propain's new E-Bike" you would not have clicked on it. You know it. I wish I did not have to do that, but Youtube is sneaky and you got to play the game. So, no I'm not quitting regular Mountain Biking, I never will. In fact I have every type of Mountain Bike, and one E -Bike. That's 10 bikes against 1. Regular bikes still win in my household.
Now, I'm not trying to push you to ride an E-Bike. You do you. But I also do me. I love mine, cause I can spend more time shredding, I can progress and it makes it easier for me to check locations, so then I can ride my regular bikes and make rad content for you, and if you curious about which bike I ride, the parts etc, simply enjoy the video, and if not skip it, and watch the one from next week.
Remember also where I come from: I have ridden normal bikes for close to 30 years, I made some of the most talked about videos in the Whistler Bike Park, got invited to compete at Red Bull Rampage 4 times, rode stuff all over the world that other people did not think were possible, created a large following of fans of biking by creating either inspiring content based on performance, or educational videos with pro tips. Also, I'm not exactly a sausage, and I can pedal and ride all day. Don't worry.
What's next, well as always most of my content will be on regular bikes, sharing tech tips, riding tips, but also inspirational content, or simply fun riding. There would be a bit of E-Bike riding for when suitable and I'll be sharing the stoke as always with good guest.
Peace,

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles