Quick coffee machine poll

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Might get more responses if you run this as a poll as opposed to a pole. My coffee machine doesn't have a pole in it...

BTW, DeLonghi Beans to Cup machine. Superb and now on my second generation one!

endo_alley

Dec 11, 2022
I use a Cafelat Robot for the last maybe three years. Baratza Sette 270WI grinder. Poor man's expresso setup. Previously to that a Flair PRO ll. I heat the basket on my water steamer prior to each dose.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I only have one cup in the morning. Add a little sugar and milk with that and I’m good-to-go😉 9067C35C-BBFC-4E8A-B50B-6176185F0F47.jpeg
…riding.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
A Pole I can get into!

We have been rocking a Jura Superautomatic Classic S9 for a few years now. Love it.
1678981122423.png

For when we want drip vs. espresso based drinks, we used to use a Cuisinart Grind & Brew, but after 15 years, it gave up, so we recently bought a Moccamaster setup and a Breville grinder. I don't quite have the grind down perfectly yet... We are working on it. I do like the ritual of grinding the fresh beans, the smell, the process... But the coffee isn't quite perfect yet.
1678981169414.png

• Love
Reactions: Dax

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
A couple of years ago, Tchibo wanted to enter the US market & offered this machine at a big discount, with a few bags of coffee:
1678990198678.png

It actually does a pretty nice job of making an americano style cup. It is quite loud, but is easy to clean, and has a small footprint, so we use it in our camper, or caravan, as some of you may call it. Also keeps us from having to bring another machine in and out of the house when we travel.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
A few years ago when I got sick of using my Aeropress every morning I googled coffee makers and the testing I saw said that the actual temp the water is introduced at was key. There were two that passed that test, one was like $400 and made in the Netherlands and the other was $100 called the Bonnavita. Cause I'm cheap guess which one I went with and use to this day? I kept the Aeropress for traveling though, nothing like going into some remote gas station and asking if you can bum some hot water.....

My youngest son who is a coffee snob won't drink my coffee when he comes to visit but the end result, using organic dark roasts, drank black and hot works for me.

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Your grinder looks like mine except for the name. Looks like Sage=Breville... I never got the hang of using an espresso machine.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Sage is the UK name for breville. It can be very frustrating at times trying to get the setup right, especially if the beans are not up to scratch. I recently threw out two new packets of beans because they wouldn't brew properly.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I used to have a Gaggia classic or whatever it was called.
These days I just use a grinder and a French press/Cafetiere.
My kitchens too small and I don't really have the space for an Espresso machine

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
A few years ago when I got sick of using my Aeropress every morning I googled coffee makers and the testing I saw said that the actual temp the water is introduced at was key. There were two that passed that test, one was like $400 and made in the Netherlands and the other was $100 called the Bonnavita. Cause I'm cheap guess which one I went with and use to this day? I kept the Aeropress for traveling though, nothing like going into some remote gas station and asking if you can bum some hot water.....

My youngest son who is a coffee snob won't drink my coffee when he comes to visit but the end result, using organic dark roasts, drank black and hot works for me.
I must have read the same review.

Bonnavita tastes great, but the cap is awful. Drips, more than pours into a cup.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
Older Silvia that I converted to PID temperature controller and a DP64 grinder. Why? Because I value value, and I prefer industrial robustness over electronic features on an appliance that's made of chocolate. It took many months of fiddling with a bottomless portafilter to (mostly) get rid of channeling, but now that I have the espresso is very tasty.

I use a 1Zpresso JX-PRO and an Aeropress for my regular coffees.

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
Upgraded from a Breville Barista Express to a Barista Pro. My wife was using the Express to much in her bakery to make Espresso marshmallows and so I bought myself an upgrade. Took a little bit to get them dialed in but once they were, I levelled up my addiction for an amazing Americano.

Breville.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles