Question.. Husqvarna mountain cross 5 - Shuts down ?

Panthro

Feb 27, 2021
Greece
Hi to all!!I'm an owner of husqvarna mountain cross 5 with 150 miles on it .. great bike but it radomly shuts down.. any guesses what is going on ??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
EP8 ? E8000 ?

I'd check the cables are all correctly seated in the display, they "click" home.

Check the display cable isn't snagging or getting pulled tight - for instance if it's wrapped too tightly to a brake cable. Do the same with the speed sensor cable.

Take off the let side motor cover and check all the cables are seated correctly.

If none of those do it, it could be be battery mount. Not sure how it works on that bike, but it could be moving and disconnecting.

Panthro

Feb 27, 2021
Greece
It is ep8..ok I'll check them with lbs.. thank u very much ! I do a lot of trails rocks etc..but I don think battery moves inside..

Panthro

Feb 27, 2021
Greece
I think it's the last one.. but how can I make it more secure?? I check all cables they are ok ..

Panthro

Feb 27, 2021
Greece
Andreas hi! The dealer check it ..they told me it's ok.. I will check it for two weeks and we will see.. where r u from ??

Andreas

Mar 15, 2021
Sweden
Andreas hi! The dealer check it ..they told me it's ok.. I will check it for two weeks and we will see.. where r u from ??
I´m from Sweden, my bike is at the dealer right now, and he told me he´s doing a softwareupdate and also putting an extra rubber behind the battery so it can´t loosen.
I hope this helps.

Grant Allan

Mar 22, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
By any chance right before it started happening did you wash your bike?
If so try blowing compressed air into the charging port.
I had a similar issue not that long ago, I didn't have the rubber seated properly around the port so a have glued it down. Now I have no problems washing it.

Grant Allan

Mar 22, 2021
Wellington, New Zealand
Sometimes I could get power to the screen and it would show this. Or it would just flash shimano steps at me.

20210320_193222.jpg

Andreas

Mar 15, 2021
Sweden
Hi!
The dealer tried two times to fix my bike, but was not successful.. so i returned the bike and got my Money back.
(Sorry for my english?)

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
Hi!
The dealer tried two times to fix my bike, but was not successful.. so i returned the bike and got my Money back.
(Sorry for my english?)

I have read that these has been some problems with charging port and water ingress. They have also tried to seal it better with my friends bike. Problem might be in battery contacts/charging port.

Did you wash you bike with running water?

alekseypav

Feb 22, 2021
Москва РФ.
Добрый день, думаю купить байк от бренда HUSQVARN, какие еще проблемы с ним и как вы решили описанную здесь проблему?

tristanqt

May 21, 2022
France
Hello !
I also have a MC5 with shuts down without error messages. I'm happy to find some people with the same problem since my seller can't answer me.
Did you find the solution to this problem ? or what piece has been fixed by your seller ?
Thank you for your answers.

Tristan

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
Hello !
I also have a MC5 with shuts down without error messages. I'm happy to find some people with the same problem since my seller can't answer me.
Did you find the solution to this problem ? or what piece has been fixed by your seller ?
Thank you for your answers.

Tristan
I have the same problem on my Yamaha Moro. In my case I' m sure it's caused by battery movement. I secured the battery better by mounting 5mm dense rubber between the battery and battery cover. Also moved the battery " up" a millimeter so it fits tighter in the DC connector. I did this with two sided tape under the battery cradle mount. Giant was offering a similar fix with mounting a 1mm disk; the 2 sided tape worked so far but Ive only ridden it once since I did this last week . Lastly it seems to help if you clean the contacts every couple rides.

Ive been fighting with Yamaha to repair it for a month and a half now; in the meantime my research lead me to the fixes above. Good news is just yesterday Yamaha agreed to look at my bike finally.

tristanqt

May 21, 2022
France
I have the same problem on my Yamaha Moro. In my case I' m sure it's caused by battery movement. I secured the battery better by mounting 5mm dense rubber between the battery and battery cover. Also moved the battery " up" a millimeter so it fits tighter in the DC connector. I did this with two sided tape under the battery cradle mount. Giant was offering a similar fix with mounting a 1mm disk; the 2 sided tape worked so far but Ive only ridden it once since I did this last week . Lastly it seems to help if you clean the contacts every couple rides.

Ive been fighting with Yamaha to repair it for a month and a half now; in the meantime my research lead me to the fixes above. Good news is just yesterday Yamaha agreed to look at my bike finally.
thanks for your anwser. I'm going to try your solution !

Hey team. We've been selling a few of these Mountain Cross's recently (mainly MC4s and 5s). Fantastic bikes. For the bike turning off issue, we've found it is a Husky thing (not Shimano), we assume mainly just from when they are assembled in the factory or the particular run of them you receive, happy to be proven wrong though if any other solutions out there. Have done this on many bikes and it has worked fine going forward however. The bikes themselves are great, and usually pretty well built. Often to fix the issue of it turning off mid-ride, it can just be an adjustment needing to be made at the upper battery mount/terminal. Some of the bike's we've received from new can come built with the upper battery mount terminal slightly too far wide/loose/off line. By snugging the upper battery mount up to the battery (with the 2 silver torx bolts) and retightening and ensuring the battery lock slider is in place securely and properly, it stops the battery coming loose and cutting out over rough terrain or big drops and turning off. We've started doing this extra procedure as we build the bikes and haven't had any further issues. This is one reason it can turn itself off, loose cables of course is another so check them as well. Hope that helps. Go out and buy one, they rock. Cheers

Mitchb

Nov 13, 2021
San Diego
thanks for your anwser. I'm going to try your solution !
Update: I took my Yamaha in on a Warranty claim for my shutdown issue. My additional battery padding and contact cleaning helped but didnt solve the shutdown issues.

The Yamaha solution was to apply Dielectric grease to the battery connections between the motor and battery. So far it has worked, I've gone four rides without issue where as before I could go just a ride and a half.

stnl762

Feb 2, 2024
USA
This is much simpler than all these posts concerning the battery. The bottom cover that swings open on 2022-2023 carbon bikes (MC4, 5, 6) has a post molded into it that is supposed to then act as a stop for the plug that goes into the battery. In some cases the door does not close far enough and the post never gets into its final position. That gap between the post and the back of the plug is just enough to allow the plug to back out. Husqvarna has a fix for some wedge piece that more firmly holds the plug into the battery. What I did was use those silicone cabinet bumpers with adhesive on one side and stick it to the end of the molded post. It cushions and holds the plug in place. I have both an MC6 and an MC5, both exhibit the same issue and in both the adhesive bumper did the trick. The plug should have been designed correctly to begin with but... The bump stop is about 1/4" diameter round and flat is about 1/8" thick.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles