Purion display Spanner symbol

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
OK, I get its about servicing, but when I phoned the lbs i got the bike from they told me it was more to do with general servicing- brakes, mechs etc etc rather than something specific to do with motor/battery
But problem is if its just a reminder, how then do oi get rid of it because its still there a month beyond when i first noticed it.
This kind of suggests to me that to be rid of it, the bike motor needs to possibly be accessed with the diagnostic software at he shop as thats he only real way into the display unit.
Or it could be that it stays there as a reminder for a set period of time, though im leaning towards the former.

Anyone got the low down on this ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's actually a little Snap-on spanner.

Performance will dwindle over the next 2000 miles until Turbo is like Eco.

Normally, if you have the app and have managed to connect to your purion, every 100 miles after the spanner appears you'll be asked to pay a £10 monthly subscription to maintain standard power. If you wait more than 1000 miles it will only ever give you back a maximum of 75% of standard power.

On a positive note it does enable the colour mode of the Purion and Tetris becomes available if you press the "-" button in walk mode, as everyone knows this normally makes your bike go in reverse.

--------

It's basically just a service reminder - for the bike. Eventually, you don't notice it anymore. The Shimano motors have a similar thing. Both require a shop to remove it.

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
It is only there for the bike shop to possibly make some money from you by doing a service. The motor is not opened. Mine was set at 1k miles, I took it in for the software update and got them to set the service spanner to 10k miles. All for free from the shop I bought the bike from.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
It is only there for the bike shop to possibly make some money from you by doing a service. The motor is not opened. Mine was set at 1k miles, I took it in for the software update and got them to set the service spanner to 10k miles. All for free from the shop I bought the bike from.
Very good and honest shop. Good to know they can tune the service spanner to a different value than the 1k! Thanks!

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Righto.
Actually spoke to the shop today who confirmed what it is all about.
As it can only be removed by the shop, ive booked it in for a cheap 35 quid service, which at least covers updates and looks for any errors in the system.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles