Purion display problem?

Rip Van

Jul 19, 2022
Scotland
We have a Cube Acid HPA. The Purion display went blank. I tested the CR2016 batteries and both were kaput. Replaced the batteries and it worked. Did a very short test ride and everything seemed OK. Went back to it after 30mins or so and the display was blank (timed out I guess). The display wouldn't turn on. After looking online, I got it on again by pressing the button on the motor battery and getting it in before the lights went out (the button is inaccessible when on the bike). Does anyone have experience of this problem or any pointers? The trip display shows only 211 miles and I don't believe it's been reset at any time. I also timed the display with the bike idle. It went off at around ten minutes. Again I'm assuming this is the normal time out when not being used.

Thanks in advance for any input

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
We have a Cube Acid HPA. The Purion display went blank. I tested the CR2016 batteries and both were kaput. Replaced the batteries and it worked. Did a very short test ride and everything seemed OK. Went back to it after 30mins or so and the display was blank (timed out I guess). The display wouldn't turn on. After looking online, I got it on again by pressing the button on the motor battery and getting it in before the lights went out (the button is inaccessible when on the bike). Does anyone have experience of this problem or any pointers? The trip display shows only 211 miles and I don't believe it's been reset at any time. I also timed the display with the bike idle. It went off at around ten minutes. Again I'm assuming this is the normal time out when not being used.

Thanks in advance for any input
I believe the operation of the Purion only relies on the onboard batteries until it activates the main bike battery. Once that has been achieved it is powered by the main battery. The Purion has to generate signals onto the bike network and that will be done using the 2 onboard batteries. It then briefly has to support the complete LED display until the main bike battery is switched on by it. It would not be a ble to power the complete LED display for very long just using the onboard batteries.
The method you described of using the switch on the main battery to switch the purion on tends to support that theory. You should have been given warning of low (Purion) battery. The fact that you did not and tested the batteries as dead suggests there is a problem with the Purion rather than the batteries being the cause of your issue. You do not say but I assume you continue to have problems with the Purion. If so I suggest you change it..under warranty if applicable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles