Levo Gen 2 Pump holders for Turbo Levo

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I'm aiming to try and ride backpackless and the first thing is to work out how to carry a pump without using a camelbag.

I have a Turbo Levo 2020 and standard pump holders will not fit the frame.
Typically these are the pump holders that mount under the bottle cage.

Anyone know of one that will fit??

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
There are lots of different frame mount storage options these days... Wolf Tooth and Dakine are two from memory. There’s a thread somewhere here about this, I’ll see if I can dig it out.

Here you go.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I find the One one works ....

pump.jpg

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
You'll still need a pump!

Yes but you use the compressed air bottles which tuck into seat bag so its neat and tidy plus you can carry a tube if needed.

I've only needed the air bottles once in 3 yrs.

Sealant is fantastic

20200607_154745.jpg

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
Out of interest - does that bag affect the droppers movement?

Little bit but if you leave seat post strap lose it's fine.
I only use about 50% of the post anyway.
I tend to use pre dropper riding techniques for steep stuff..but I'm no hero ?

I hate back packs so the bag works well.
That said I tend to do 20-30 mile rides so don't need loads of water..

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
this fits mine perfectly:

really nice pump too

I ordered this and it has arrived, but doesn't fit

The screws that mount the bottle cage to the frame are too short to go through both the bottle cage and the pump

Where Can I get longer screws for this ?

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
On the subject of trying to ride without a camelbag, has anyone managed to find a small frame bag that works just for holding a spare tube, tyre lever and chain tool ?
A small one perhaps that mounts to the frame that doesn't rub on the knees when pedalling ??

Not a fan of saddle bags at all!!

Really much, much prefer to do away with the camelbag though. When I ride without it (and take the risk of puncture etc) it feels so much better.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
On the subject of trying to ride without a camelbag, has anyone managed to find a small frame bag that works just for holding a spare tube, tyre lever and chain tool ?
A small one perhaps that mounts to the frame that doesn't rub on the knees when pedalling ??

Really much, much prefer to do away with the camelbag though. When I ride without it (and take the risk of puncture etc) it feels so much better.

Yes I have - I use the Topeak Toploader: TOPLOADER | Topeak

I used to have it strapped to my stem at the front on my normal bikes, doesnt work with the Levo because of the TCU so I reverse it, so its on the top tube strapped to the seat tube (below the dropping section). Works fine - holds phone, keys, co2, cash for beers...

rriveroll

Nov 19, 2020
Caracas Venezuela

I use this one from

Revelate Designs LLC
www.revelatedesigns.com

works well. sorry about the cropped picture

Also trimmed the mount from an old pump and attached it to the bottle mount with a tiny screw and epoxy. and use velcro as a secondary attachment point.

And as you can see reversed shock to have clearance for a 1L watter bottle.
IMG_20201206_194325.jpg

Last edited:

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
How do you reverse the shock ?

Is it not detrimental to the frame to do that ?

Also does the frame bag not cause rub on the legs or get in the way?

I'm always looking for solutions to doing away with the camel bag

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Re: The Topeak toploader.

I tried it for one ride and it rubs on the legs immediately when standing pedalling. Hated the feel of it so sold it on E-Bay after just 1 ride of 16 miles. Got most of my money back though (£21).

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Re: The Topeak toploader.

I tried it for one ride and it rubs on the legs immediately when standing pedalling. Hated the feel of it so sold it on E-Bay after just 1 ride of 16 miles. Got most of my money back though (£21).

yeh I’ve just resigned mine to the bike bits box as I started finding the same.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
Co2 on the move.
Track pump at home.
Dakine Hot Laps bag just fits (large 2019 Levo) 29” innertube, tyre levers, tubeless repair kit, 25g Co2 cartridge and muc off control valve/head.
It’s on tight and doesn’t move about.
Fortunately I haven’t had to use it yet but it’s always on...can’t be arsed taking it off.
488C0B88-972B-4442-A1A9-BBB94AA7CEEA.png

rikidc

Jun 5, 2023
Spain
Hello I managed like this in Levo Gen 3

Using a Wolf Tooth B-RAD-2 to shift cage upwards and small washer in the bottom screw with frame to tilt a little bit forward

Using additional thicker washer on bottom screw between cage and B-RAD to create additional tilt to avoid collision of water bottle with shock reservoir

I can fit up to 950ml bottle with no issues in S5 size
IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0907.jpeg

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Drilled small holes in the water bottle holder frame to attach the Lezyne pump holder. When raised up as far as possible the bottom of the 600ml bottle just misses the top of the Ohlins shock.

Screenshot_20231213_071447_Gallery~2.jpg

Last edited:

Christurbo

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2023
North Wales
This is what I did to ride backpack less:-

OneUp EDC tool in the steerer tube (has everything I need).

Lezyne pump stored in my lightweight Leatt base layer top (has roadie type pockets at the rear). Etc.

So no need to bolt on ugly pumps etc to the frame for the once in 3 year chance of getting a flat.

Deimos

Apr 25, 2021
Germany
My no backpack set up for my Levo is -
Specialized Mountain Bandit that holds -
A Multitool and Tyre Lever
2 x co2 cartridges+ inflator
1 Tubolito

and for the underside of the steerertube a Fork Kork wich holds a Tubless Plug Kit + quick link.

Ridenfool

Oct 18, 2021
Tejas
If you are eliminating a pack and still not using the bottle cage, this soft, weather resistant, zipper container from Amazon might work.

20240116_123751.jpg

I carry a Lezyne mini-pump, tire tools, patches/plugs, and a multi-tool inside.

20240116_123857.jpg

It can be formed to fit around the shock. This one is fitted for a Fox Factory Float X2 that has taken a brief vacation to the Service Center in North Carolina.

20240116_123946.jpg

The zipper pull broke off early on and I replaced it with a key-ring.

I do still carry a hydration back or belt pack. But this prevents me from having to move tools from one to the other.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles