• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Problem turning on Speedbox 3.0 B.Tuning

Renard603

Nov 15, 2021
Maryland, USA
I live in Maryland, USA and purchased the Speedbox 3.0 B.tuning lsat November 2020 for my Trek Allant +7. Installation went easily. I am using the app on my Apple iphone. I am very care to allow countdown to 0.0 before turning off bike. Never had a problem for almost 1 yr until about 3 days ago. I was riding on trail (flat gravel) where I ride 3-5 times a week. I was riding > 20 mph and was pressing button to go from Sport to Tour mode and I noticed the mph speed indicator went crazy and I immediately felt the speed limiter engage. Then I went from showing continuous correct speed to flashing odd/incorrect speeds every few seconds 2.0 then 3.4 then 1.6 etc. I tried changing pedal assist mode but the flashing continued and the speed limiter kept me at 20mph.

When I was done the ride, I let countdown go to 0.0. Turned bike off and turned back on again. Now, on my phone, when I open Speedbox app it reads 1.2 as usual but when I select Turn Tuning on it will not read 6.1 indicating Speedbox is on. And the speed limiter keeps me at 20 mph. no matter what I do I can't get tuning to turn ON.

There is a possibility I accidentally may have gone from Sport mode through Tour and Eco to OFF (trying to get to Tour) while riding. Its bumpy and my thumb was banging against the button trying to select mode.

Any suggestions on trouble shoot to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated?
Thank you,
Henry Fox

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles