Price of new or refurb Brose 1.3 motor ?

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Just asking about as I own a Kenevo expert 19 but I would in theory like to keep the Kenevo for another year rather than sell it on to get the Levo Sl (new and young tech) . Touch wood I’ve not had any problems with my Kenevo and it’s got about 9 months warranty remaining . If I keep it behind the 9 months then sell it on I would prefer to sell with a new motor with fresh warranty to new buyer . I’m not sure refurbished motors come with fresh 2 year warranty’s like a new one but would prefer a new motor . I’ve seen somewhere but can’t remember where that a new motor will cost around £600 .

I’ve actually got it for sale right now and there is someone who is thinking about buying it from me for £3200 + postage costs of about £90 fully insured but I’m thinking of pulling the plug and keeping it .
the whole idea was to sell it and buy the carbon comp sl . As I’m 50/50 on the new motor in the new SL lasting being new tech .. (paranoid).

If I do go through with the sale then I might regret it .
I do not live near a specialized shop and this is another reason for selling or keeping and getting another motor once warranty is expired .

It’s either sell it now get the £3200 for it or sell it with no warranty next year for £1000 less . Or keep it sell with new motor with new 2 year warranty and get more for it .

Or am I absolutely bonkers thinking this way ... I’ve had a few ? tonight and can’t sleep .

p.s the Kenevo has 218 miles on it and it’s been well looked after .. and to be honest not been abused like it should be .

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
The warranty doesn't change, even you change the motor. And that's a pitty but true.
When I sold my old Kenovo, I promised to new customer 300 discount so he would have extra money for the new motor :)

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
The warranty doesn't change, even you change the motor. And that's a pitty but true.
When I sold my old Kenovo, I promised to new customer 300 discount so he would have extra money for the new motor :)

if you buy a brand new motor its got a warranty of 2 years .. if you get a warranty replacement while the bike is under warranty still then you only get the remaining warranty . buying a brand new motor is like buying anyhing else brand new . pretty sure it came out the horses mouth at the Q&A last month . also i did see the motor for sale at Decathlon but they sold out and forgot how much it cost, only trouble with that was you would need to pay to get it updated via firmware . so you are saying they woudlnt of given a warranty then when they were on sale at decathalon ?

SLOTownLevo

Sep 19, 2020
San Luis Obispo
There's always a point! They're available new ex Germany for around €900. They do however need to be reflashed from Brose to Spesh firmware by a dealer.

Does anyone have experience with a non Specialized motor being flashed with Specialized software/firmware? I’m not sure this something that can be done at the dealership level...

I believe the non Specialized Brose motor will function in the bike, yet you wouldn’t have peripheral controls via the handlebar switch.

Be well,
Mark

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles