Portes du Soleil - MTB/EMTB Event in June

Randall_Flagg

Apr 29, 2018
Gnarsville, Switzerland
Hey EMTB peeps!

Anyone going to the Portes Du Soleil opening event on 28/29/30 June? It looks like it’s going to be epic!

I have the Trek ticket on the Friday booked but I am looking to stay the weekend as it’s a festival type vibe with 8000 odd riders going and a cool bike show, stalls etc in Chatel... should be cool!

Let me know if you lot are going!

Cheers
Ben
Pass'Portes du Soleil Passportes, MTB dowhill and trekking

SteveVentoux

Patreon
May 13, 2018
Bucks
I did PPdS in 2004 on a non-Ebike (obvs), and also rode the whole area a couple of years ago whilst based in Morzine (hired a Nukeproof Mega), it's an amazing area to ride, you will have a great time! Next time I go, EMTB time.....:)

Randall_Flagg

Apr 29, 2018
Gnarsville, Switzerland
I did PPdS in 2004 on a non-Ebike (obvs), and also rode the whole area a couple of years ago whilst based in Morzine (hired a Nukeproof Mega), it's an amazing area to ride, you will have a great time! Next time I go, EMTB time.....:)
I am super looking forward to it! I am hoping that some other like mindeds are going too, it would be cool to meet some of the EMTB Forums patrons!

I want to ride the area a lot more in the summer so I have a couple of trips planned to Les Gets/Morzine to really thrash it out! ;)

Cheers bud
Ben

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
I'm entered for the epds on the saturday and will be in Chatel for the full weekend.

First time I've ridden the alps so looking forward to it.

Randall_Flagg

Apr 29, 2018
Gnarsville, Switzerland
I'm entered for the epds on the saturday and will be in Chatel for the full weekend.

First time I've ridden the alps so looking forward to it.
Ah, nice!
I decided against the epds and opted for the standard ppds instead, although I wish I had of booked that too now!
I am planning to buy an uplift pass on the Sunday and ride the regular trails if you’re interested?

See you there!
Ben

Snoozeboy

Feb 20, 2019
Lausanne
Ah, nice!
I decided against the epds and opted for the standard ppds instead, although I wish I had of booked that too now!
I am planning to buy an uplift pass on the Sunday and ride the regular trails if you’re interested?

See you there!
Ben

Hello Ben

I'm not doing the ppds but happy to see you up there if you want to do one of the normal routes any other weekend.

By the way, Châtel, Morgins, Champéry or Crosets are thé quickest access points from Lausanne, for future reference.

Sb

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Hey EMTB peeps!

Anyone going to the Portes Du Soleil opening event on 28/29/30 June? It looks like it’s going to be epic!

I have the Trek ticket on the Friday booked but I am looking to stay the weekend as it’s a festival type vibe with 8000 odd riders going and a cool bike show, stalls etc in Chatel... should be cool!

Let me know if you lot are going!

Cheers
Ben
Pass'Portes du Soleil Passportes, MTB dowhill and trekking

Randall

If i read your post right, you did the standard pds route on an ebike? I loved the event last year on the 60km epds route but wondered if doing the normal route was better and possible on a single charge. The 2019 epds was great, if a bit lacking in single track, and I did 35 miles on 2 bars on my Levo, but then used 7 bars on the last valley before Chatel that didn't have a lift and involved 800m of climbing!! Planning on going again this year on my Decoy and wondered if the normal route at 80km is doable and more fun. Planning to base out of Les Gets this time.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles