Porsche eMTB

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
IMG_7586.jpg

I just got my quarterly Christophorus (398) Porsche magazine 1/2021 and there it is! Details are sketchy at this stage, but the frame looks rather intriguing.
I guess I will have to call my local OPC and check availability, before local footballers find out

Rod2H

Apr 2, 2021
Cumbria, UK
This is a collaboration with the German bike manufacturer - Rotwild.

Here is a link the the UK site:

Perhaps the only bike manufacturer that actually has stock?

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I really like the design, and ‘the badge’ but I am not excited about (1) carbon frame, and (2) 504Wh battery.

Thoughts...?

How do you guys rate other Rotwild bikes? Is it a reliable partner?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I should have known better! :giggle:
But from what I saw on the video, the brake position is fixed, both along the bar and the angle of the levers is only adjustable if the whole bar is rotated, which then alters the angle of the end of the bar where the grips go.

It is the sort of neat idea that I would never have thought of, so fair play to Magura, but I would have to experience them to become even a bit convinced.

wildsau2

Jul 6, 2018
Germany, Karlsruhe
Rotwild are a very good company, who make quality bikes.
i had one Rotwild eMtb 2018, high price but low quality for the price. the only brand i bought, and after 2 years no updates of firm-/motor-/batteryware. and there where many errors... would never buy again.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
What I don't understand .. Is if Porsche wanted to create a bike with that traditional feel and "embodiment" of a Porsche, why doesn't it have a hub motor so the motor is out back ?
If it's the genuine Porsche ownership experience in an Emtb you want, then I'll sell you a pair of grips for £500. Each. And if you don't buy them from me, your warranty is void.

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
If it's the genuine Porsche ownership experience in an Emtb you want, then I'll sell you a pair of grips for £500. Each. And if you don't buy them from me, your warranty is void.
Yeah, and i don't have to experience that genuine Porsche ownership on the tracks too, those people who think they can drive a flattened beetle...

Rotwilder

Apr 19, 2019
West Yorkshire
I really like the design, and ‘the badge’ but I am not excited about (1) carbon frame, and (2) 504Wh battery.

Thoughts...?

How do you guys rate other Rotwild bikes? Is it a reliable partner?
I researched ebikes for a year before choosing the Rotwild HT PRO 29”er. Waited 4 months for delivery in 2017, had 3 motors and now waiting for a 518W battery that’s stuck in customs. Other than that, I love the bike and made the right choice back then. Now things have moved on.....

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I'm not sure if I find that cool or not....

Matt Jones has bike on GT3 down patt... go to 1:56min mark if you want to miss the dirty swimming pool bit

A colleague of mine has this setup for his analogue road bike and it works very well.

Having tried to fit my eMTB on my OEM (re-badged Thule) roof-rack... I think it’s madness to drive with +20kg eMTB on the roof. I can install it, but

Tow-bar option is much more sensible. Except Porsche OEM towbar is +£2000. Oh wait, great idea for whining about prices... or maybe not. You want to ride with the badge, pay once, cry once, then enjoy the ride

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles