Mar 12, 2020
North Yorkshire
A pile of shite (not the bike)

Pile of shit.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was passing a small lake near my local trail and could see it was tadpole time!
Tadpoles at Pines.jpg

When I looked across the lake, I could see great swirls of black where the taddies were congregating, like murmurations of Starlings at dusk. Sadly the photo I took doesn't do it justice. The fish in the lake must have eaten their fill because even the goldfish I could see on the surface were not eating them.
A few years ago I came slightly later in the cycle, when it was frog migration time. All the fully grown taddies were now perfectly formed black frogs about half an inch long. They were leaving the lake for the woods, en masse! The trail was a carpet of moving frogs. It was impossible to pass them without squashing scores with every step. The birds were having a field day, gorging themselves silly!

JohnJohn

Aug 31, 2019
uk
I was passing a small lake near my local trail and could see it was tadpole time!
View attachment 31774

When I looked across the lake, I could see great swirls of black where the taddies were congregating, like murmurations of Starlings at dusk. Sadly the photo I took doesn't do it justice. The fish in the lake must have eaten their fill because even the goldfish I could see on the surface were not eating them.
A few years ago I came slightly later in the cycle, when it was frog migration time. All the fully grown taddies were now perfectly formed black frogs about half an inch long. They were leaving the lake for the woods, en masse! The trail was a carpet of moving frogs. It was impossible to pass them without squashing scores with every step. The birds were having a field day, gorging themselves silly!
"Congregating like murmurations of starlings at dusk " what a lovely description sir !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles