Another dry day in Valley Forge.
PXL_20230603_202748753.jpg

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
No photoshop was harmed in any of those pics ..😆
He's a strapping lad is our Wayne ..and they are all his own👍
Fantastic ride today in the glorious Tweed Valley, can’t add anything to
@The Hodge description but I’ll show the ride data.
That last climb from Peebles to the transmission mast at Glentress (at almost 2000ft) was long incorporating some technical black sections

View attachment 116810 View attachment 116811
We’re your brakes dragging Wayne. 😜

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
had a womble around Brechfa
Damn you fella ..
I've never heard of a bike ride being called a womble before ..a bimble ..yes ..quiet often .
But what has incurred my displeasure is the fact that I've got that fking theme tune inside my head and it won't go away ..🎼 underground overground wombling free..the wombles of Wimbledon Common are we ..
Grrrrr..thanks a bunch !

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Cracking ride today in the Tweed Valley out of Traqair ..the first half doing the Gypsy Glen route then crossing over the Valley to climb the black route at Glentress then cutting across country on a forest track which then morphed into a balls out 2mile downhill to get back to Innerleithen along the Golfie Road ..
Thanks to Alan ,Ant ,Colin ( eventually ..he always gets lost finding the start 😁) and Wayne ....oh and also the two local characters we met at various points on the ride both ebikers and great craic ..none of us will forget them in a hurry 😂..
A few pics ..and can we please keep this kind of weather all summer please 🙏
View attachment 116794
Above : Alan & Ant
View attachment 116799 View attachment 116800
Above : Colin..climbing away from a very rocky & steep descent ( more so than it looks )
View attachment 116801
View attachment 116802
Above a couple of group shots part way down the Old Drove Road descent into Peebles
View attachment 116803
Wayne surveying the way ahead ( a cropped shot as I hadn't realised that Alan was watering a bush to the left )
View attachment 116804
Peebles in the distance ( about 3 miles away ) ..and down all the way ..
View attachment 116805
Ant ,Wayne & Alan at a clearing part way up the black climb at Glentress ..Colin left us after lunch by the River Tweed in Peebles having not done much riding recently and recovering from injury..he had done well to cover what he did ..
View attachment 116806
Same pic ..I replaced Ant ..😁..
View attachment 116807
The Transmission mast at the top of the black route climb..the two local lads we met earlier are sitting either side of Ant ..one just finishing a can of Fosters from his second 4pack of the day ..and the other had just finished his err..tab ..
Cheers lads ..
Stats 28miles & 3800ft of climbing ..but Alan had it at over 4000ft ..take yer you get

Damn you fella ..
I've never heard of a bike ride being called a womble before ..a bimble ..yes ..quiet often .
But what has incurred my displeasure is the fact that I've got that fking theme tune inside my head and it won't go away ..🎼 underground overground wombling free..the wombles of Wimbledon Common are we ..
Grrrrr..thanks a bunch !
You'll have passed it on now to someone else probably me 😢

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
That’s the same rock that found it’s way in my pivot area…I hate that rock.

I can second that sentiment🤣

so, luckily, as this monolith has caused so much grief, lastnight I had decided to quarantine it (stashed on the dashboard of my van) to minimise future pain for others, although if someone incurs my wrath it could be placed in their vicinity🤠

Damn you fella ..
Grrrrr..thanks a bunch !

Now, as you've planted the seed of that wonderfull earworm, I'm guessing that you'll be quietly singing-along to Mike Batt's infamous vocals🥴

sorry, couldn't resist (& it'd be rude not to!)

Rich. (out for another hour's Wombling later🤤)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I wouldn’t have been able to resist riding Trailfairy Plan after doing that climb; it’s right bloody there and it’s excellent.
I suppose it does seem a bit strange that we didn't tackle any man made singletrack downs ..but having climbed most of the 3,800+ ft at that point and feeling a bit knackered and also having a bit of " range anxiety " to get back to Traquair..it was never part of the plan ..we only decided in Peebles to cross over the Valley into Glentress as we were originally going into Cardrona Forest / Orchard Mains to finish ..
What I would say though is the track we took from Dunslair Heights to drop down to Leithen Water ( Alan's suggestion) was incredible for sheer speed on a slightly rocky / rubbley double track which just went on & on ..everyone recording their fastest times of the day .. so no real regrets ..

UnreasonableMuppet

Jan 11, 2022
THE YOO ESS OF AYE
Saw a nice big cooter on the trail today.
Imagepipe_62.jpg

The Eastern Red Bellied Cooter.
Imagepipe_64.jpg

I gently grabbed the cooter and set it off the trail. It hissed at me.

I had a lovely worship session at the altar of boost and burned through 85% of the battery in a bit less than two hours. Garmin claims I burned 900 calories.

Super green and lovely out. Nice and cool today too.
Imagepipe_63.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Baby steps, picked up my first emtb about a month ago having not ridden a bike for years. This weekend finally plucked up the courage to do some small jumps. Absolutely loving it.
Dunno what's going on with the chicken arms though, any pointers?

View attachment 116923

View attachment 116924
Good technique with the elbows out! Stops anyone trying to pass you in mid-air! :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles