Pic of the Day

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Some pics of todays ride, Just locally pottering around.
323_1651158852622.jpg
323_1651158926688.jpg
323_1651158965878.jpg
323_1651159105557.jpg
323_1651159217560.jpg
323_1651159266126.jpg

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Had a superb ride in the Breamish Valley navigating an 18 mile loop out of the village of Ingram in North Northumberland. Not the most technical of rides so I took my time to enjoy the river Breamish valley and surrounding hills in all their glory.
My route took me from Ingram following the course of the river to Lower Bleakhope onto the hills via Salters Road (an ancient drovers road) to Ewartly Shank, from there to the village of Prendwick and off road again on another ancient “green road” up and over the hills back to Ingram.
Many years ago I rode this loop on my hardtail when the there used to be sections of excellent singletrack but sadly been replaced with 2ply loose hardcore track.
The tracks were very dry, loose and fast the bike seemed to float on the fast downhill sections amongst the dust and loose stuff.

Looking back towards Ingram, 6 mile into the valley
B07B989F-08D6-460D-AB22-42509869CDF2.jpeg

River Breamish before the farm at Lower Bleakhope.

FC9E8ECA-665F-4EE2-B177-70FEEF1D9311.jpeg

The very fast drop into the ford over Shank Burn viewed from the climb out of the valley bottom towards Ewartly Shank.

D8922DD6-4190-406B-A24A-C217C0FB2668.jpeg

A great couple of hours or so in perfect solitude.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Had a superb ride in the Breamish Valley navigating an 18 mile loop out of the village of Ingram in North Northumberland. Not the most technical of rides so I took my time to enjoy the river Breamish valley and surrounding hills in all their glory.
My route took me from Ingram following the course of the river to Lower Bleakhope onto the hills via Salters Road (an ancient drovers road) to Ewartly Shank, from there to the village of Prendwick and off road again on another ancient “green road” up and over the hills back to Ingram.
Many years ago I rode this loop on my hardtail when the there used to be sections of excellent singletrack but sadly been replaced with 2ply loose hardcore track.
The tracks were very dry, loose and fast the bike seemed to float on the fast downhill sections amongst the dust and loose stuff.

Looking back towards Ingram, 6 mile into the valley View attachment 86973

View attachment 86974

The very fast drop into the ford over Shank Burn viewed from the climb out of the valley bottom towards Ewartly Shank.

View attachment 86975
[/QUOTELove tracks like that brilliant

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

View attachment 86974

View attachment 86975

stats from this mornings ride
79D486C4-212E-4B00-8D39-DA89BE4E3F88.png
3326EBEC-9F39-4A29-9B47-C4CF16B1EC30.png

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland

View attachment 86974

View attachment 86975
What you mean by that is that unfortunately I couldn't join you to rabbit on in your lugs!😁
Snotty nose & sore throat put paid to that ..but having a few Jameson🥃 tonics to hopefully be right for the weekend ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Pretending I’m in the woods… View attachment 87070
Looking for a mtbiking spot in Hyde, driving on the odd side and rolling on a cube.
Its cold, though folks tell its hot, stinging cold makes me feel like an alien, I’m a brazilian in the UK…
Most of the Brazilians in the know have headed for the North East mate ...Guimares , Joelinton ..and hopefully Paquetta from next season ..
The climate is tropical around here..😉🤭

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
That is a pastie supper. The chippy only took cash and I only had a fiver and my card so felt like a child in a sweet shop working out how much I could get with my pocket money! The guy working in the chip shop (not Elvis) took pity and knocked a few pence off the price!
I'm on a diet I was sliverin looking at that.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Decided against a bike park today as assumed they would be rammed, so another scenic explore. Got 50 miles in!

Took 2 spare batteries just in case, but needn't have bothered as only used 50% of the first. Sods law would have been I'd have run out if I hadn't have taken both though...

What a lovely day!

20220430_123440.jpg

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles