Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Casual 17 miler around localish reservoir's
IMG_20210516_151153_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20210516_151008.jpg

Goody

May 16, 2021
Ryton, Newcastle
Hadn't expected to ride today with a change of plan ( family visit now happening tomorrow) meaning I could .
Went local to Kielder ..the first pic is of 3 emtber's heading towards "Stairway to Heaven" section ..they were planning on doing the "Cross Border Route " to Newcastleton & back .. View attachment 61588 Next pics inside Skyspace ..where on a dark night you can contemplate the stars & the universe ..but today the Galaxy was inside sitting on top of my sport drink .. View attachment 61589 View attachment 61590 View attachment 61591

And finally a short woodwork section near the start of the Deadwater trail View attachment 61592
Hi, that was me and my mates. Nice to meet you. We had an interesting mix of bikes. A Haibike, a Halfords hub bike and a home made Vitus with a Bafang conversion. All did well but the hub ran out of battery with 2 miles to go, the Bafang battery light was flashing as we got back and the Haibike had half a battery left. Great day out.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The draft plan is to take a SWR to Weymouth and ride along the coastline to Christchurch and into the Forest
Assuming you want to avoid tarmac and stick to an off road coastal route I would start at Osmington Mills. There is no coastal route from Weymouth to there...its all footpath ( coastal Path).
From Osmington Mills ( rear of Smugglers Inn) to Ringstead Bay .....ride to the top.........head East along the upper coast path .....at Daggers Gate cross the road onto a gravel track which will take you eventually to West Lulworth......down towards the Cove pick up the path heading for Tynham Viewpoint...then Grange Hill Viewpoint...Grange Arch.....Corfe Castle. Get out onto the road to Corfe and turn left up a track on the first right hand bend..................you are now at the beginning of my video to Old Harry Rocks ( see you tube channel....Mikerbwind) . The rest of the route is covered on other videos on my channel.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Hi, that was me and my mates. Nice to meet you. We had an interesting mix of bikes. A Haibike, a Halfords hub bike and a home made Vitus with a Bafang conversion. All did well but the hub ran out of battery with 2 miles to go, the Bafang battery light was flashing as we got back and the Haibike had half a battery left. Great day out.
Hi Goody ..looks like your mate beat you to the ride report ( Bongostu ..) ..but you added a little more detail ..good to meet you too..
Looks like 2 out of 3 of you have joined the forum on the back of our little chat..welcome ...hope you find it entertaining ..
My work here is done ?.
What was my commission rate again Rob ..? ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Solo ride this morning.....unable to join The Hodge and Nick on a ride out around Inners......not posting pics as you’ve seen them all before of the Cheviot Hills courtesy of Shitterbug landscapes.
I tried this figure of 8 route to test battery performance.....got back to the car with one block of lekky left in the tank. This ride on the hardtail would have took me 5 to 6hrs and many stops, only one stop to improve relations with the bobbly hat brigade and that was only 10 mins or so.

98260096-EB35-4BF1-96F0-0712BD765753.png

49E47FF9-F0AC-42A4-B4B1-A766106CD9D6.png

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
Assuming you want to avoid tarmac and stick to an off road coastal route I would start at Osmington Mills. There is no coastal route from Weymouth to there...its all footpath ( coastal Path).
From Osmington Mills ( rear of Smugglers Inn) to Ringstead Bay .....ride to the top.........head East along the upper coast path .....at Daggers Gate cross the road onto a gravel track which will take you eventually to West Lulworth......down towards the Cove pick up the path heading for Tynham Viewpoint...then Grange Hill Viewpoint...Grange Arch.....Corfe Castle. Get out onto the road to Corfe and turn left up a track on the first right hand bend..................you are now at the beginning of my video to Old Harry Rocks ( see you tube channel....Mikerbwind) . The rest of the route is covered on other videos on my channel.

Thanks @Mikerb for the intel

Moderator edit : To Mention someone in a post type "@" then start typing their name and select them from the drop down list.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles