Person killed in London by EMTB

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
It’s all just another media distraction technique. Draw attention to something minority & new to take away attention from moped muggings, acid attacks & stabbings. You know, real issues.

I mean come on, more people die each day being distracted using mobile phones either driving or walking than will be racked up by ebikes in a year. Will the powers that be suggest banning those??

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
You're right, maybe i need insurance so i can cover compensation claims made against me for all the hurt little feelings.... Boo Hoo :(

Wind you're own neck in, i'm just speaking my mind, seems that doesn't go down well round here though, pansies!

Well at least you didn't delete my post this time eh Rob...

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Sucker! We can only hope people like you don't have a vote when the time comes. Just at least do us all a favor and keep your subservient mouth shut about it, so that those of us that want to fight this pointless bullshit should the need arise, aren't also fighting stupidity from our own ranks as well...
Amazing, I agree people like you should be the ones who speak from our ranks. You've definitely got the humility and calmness to negotiate for us. Just call everyone in the government pansies.... that'll definitely get them on our side...

zeeack

Sep 16, 2018
England
Roads are dangerous and people are way too distracted these days it’s a accident accidents happen! Fair enough if it was ‘moddifed’ then technically it’s breaking the law but that’s a case for the courts I guess not the whole e-bike community to suffer! I feel for the person killed but she was on the road not on the pavement!!

DEADMEAT

Jul 17, 2018
Hertfordshire
Amazing, I agree people like you should be the ones who speak from our ranks. You've definitely got the humility and calmness to negotiate for us. Just call everyone in the government pansies.... that'll definitely get them on our side...

Nice try, but i think you'll find that despite my terrible attitude towards you, i'm right and most will agree with me.

To be clear, i was calling you, Doom, and others like you pansies, not the government, and this is a forum, not a court room, so i'll use my regular language when dealing with morons, whereas in official negotiations, i would be more diplomatic, not that i'd EVER get involved in any of that shit.

You're problem is one of massive short-sightedness. To pick just one of the silly things you said: "Also I think if we paid some kind of insurance the whole argument of e bikes being dangerous would stop". It's just so utterly ridiculous to suggest that it deserves ridicule.

The official reasons given for even suggesting e-bikers should have insurance, are the same reasons they would use to then suggest that everyone, all the way down to pedestrians, should require some form of liability insurance, ever heard the term 'thin end of a wedge"? That's what this is and you're too naive to see it. The only people that will ever benefit from this whole insurance wank fest is the insurance companies, who are rubbing there hands together so hard right now they could heat a small town! Wake up...

Thewootts

Aug 19, 2018
united kingdom
[QUOTE="DEADMEAT, . The only people that will ever benefit from this whole insurance wank fest is the insurance companies, who are rubbing there hands together so hard right now they could heat a small town! Wake up...[/QUOTE]

Agreed insurance companies are just legal protection rackets

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Lol, i really don't but keep going :)

It's funny getting abuse on a cycling forum from someone who can't even change an inner tube, i judged you correctly...

Another keyboard warrior......

Haven’t your mother told you to don’t skip classes in junior school?

Karsten

Bongofish

Aug 27, 2018
Leeds
Lol, i really don't but keep going :)

It's funny getting abuse on a cycling forum from someone who can't even change an inner tube, i judged you correctly...

I came here to talk about e bikes and learn and to get help and give help if I can. To read other people's opinions and take them on board. You just seem to disagree with someone's opinion and then get embarrassingly angry. You truly are a keyboard warrior. I bet your a very weak scared person (was going to call you a man but your clearly not fit for that title) in real life.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
I came here to talk about e bikes and learn and to get help and give help if I can. To read other people's opinions and take them on board. You just seem to disagree with someone's opinion and then get embarrassingly angry. You truly are a keyboard warrior. I bet your a very weak scared person (was going to call you a man but your clearly not fit for that title) in real life.

Don’t let people who act like him get to you. Trolls win if you just quit posting on the forum.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Again, better than being embarrassingly stupid, which is what started all this, you, being a complete tard.

I actually disagree with the OP on this subject, but instead of calling him a pansy and a retard you would probably be better explaining why you think its a bad idea, as all your attitude is actually doing is bringing to life the stereotype created in the Daily Mail article.

The whole point of this forum is a place for people to discuss and LEARN about EMTB's and as such members like Bongo who have a minimal knowledge are exactly the kind of people who are welcome on here, as where better to find the help you need?

A lot of the members on here get together in real life for rides and events, and as such this is a community over which most of the memebers are protective and proud, so don't be surprised if you take the attitude you are that people shoot you down.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Has Gary got another log in so he can really let us know what he thinks?
Hahah...
Nope. Sorry.
I have insurance for riding my bike already. But like DEADMEAT I do agree it should never become mandatory for pushbikes here in any way (same with helmets)
I also actually never read newspapers. Newspapers/News media continually use death to peddle their own agenda and I want no part in that. I haven't even flicked through a newspaper in over 15 years, Don't watch or listen to News on TV/Radio and haven't even clicked the link (I just stumbled upon this thread in a moment of boredom/procrastination waiting for the sealant to dry on my E8000 cover)

Talking of accidents, how's your recovery coming along? any improvement.

I was wondering the same myself.

He’s an angry little man, that’s for sure.
*sigh*
Oh... Dom. I've never been angry on an internet forum ever. Infact I'm very rarely ever angry. I'm just stubborn, extemely knowledgeable and very proficient when it comes to most things to do with push bikes. You seem to have confused anger with my stubornness and confidence in what I say. There's a huge difference.
I'm also taller and slimmer than you so I'd be more careful with the body shaming sneers if I were you. ;)
:p

hopefully one day we'll ride together and you guys might finally "get" me.

:cool:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I've never been angry on an internet forum ever.
So telling me to fuck off was all in jest then?
I'm just stubborn, extemely knowledgeable and very proficient when it comes to most things to do with push bikes.
Modest too. ;) The problem is, you have form on at least one other forum, so your "honesty" can easily be confused with trolling.
I'm also taller and slimmer than you so I'd be more careful with the body shaming sneers if I were you. ;)
Body shaming only works if the target gives a shit. I certainly don't. :D
I look forward to it.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Trust me. I'll tell anyone to fuck off when they're being a dick. There's no anger in my sentiment.

I'm realistic. and too honest for many. I actually find folk crying "troll" rather pathetic.

it's a shame there's not much of an Ebike group riding scene up here (The only groups of ebikers I've met here have been up from England) it'd be cool to hook up with you guys but you're a 13hr round trip away. I've actually never ridden FOD either. Don't think it was a trail centre when I lived in Somerset (or maybe I was just too pre-occupied with DH tracks back then to notice).

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Trust me. I'll tell anyone to fuck off when they're being a dick.
As you know, I'll call someone out for being a dick too.
There's no anger in my sentiment.
Going to have to agree to disagree in that case; you didn't just tell me to fuck off and there was definite venom in what you said.

But let's draw a line under that now, eh?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
giphy.gif

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
I also actually never read newspapers. Newspapers/News media continually use death to peddle their own agenda and I want no part in that. I haven't even flicked through a newspaper in over 15 years, Don't watch or listen to News on TV/Radio and haven't even clicked the link (I just stumbled upon this thread in a moment of boredom/procrastination waiting for the sealant to dry on my E8000 cover)

Talking of accidents, how's your recovery coming along? any improvement.

:cool:

Oooh Gary! You don't believe democracy, don't pay any attention to the news, you're just an enigma wrapped up in a paradox aren't you! Trying to figure you out is making me moist, you saucy little tinker.

Recovery not that great but thanks for asking. Saw a BUPA consultant and turns out the neck fracture was much more serious than the NHS thought, within a couple of mm of my spinal cord. I thought the pain was soft tissue damage and would settle with stretching etc so spent the last few months riding and crashing, teaching my kids how to dive etc, all the while preventing the fracture from uniting. So it's still broken 4 months later and I'm off the bike for at least another month whilst it heals, probably more. And all the trails are still dry so that's bad. But I can still walk so that's good.

This thread really has drifted, hasn't it?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Phew.. Well lucky you saw the Bupa consultant.
It's shit being injured but hopefully you'll mend properly now.
Silver (well brown really) lining is that when you do finally get back riding soft wet mud is a lot slower and more forgiving to crash in.
Kinda looking forwards to riding mud again. Ebike should turn miserable winter slogs into a heap of fun.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
A good QC will get the charges downgraded, his speed can't be established to any degree of certainty and if the speed can't be established then the fact that it may have been de-restricted is irrelevant. Although she died it could be argued that the initial injuries could've been more severe have she been hit by a motorbike with more speed and weight.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
A good QC will get the charges downgraded, his speed can't be established to any degree of certainty and if the speed can't be established then the fact that it may have been de-restricted is irrelevant. Although she died it could be argued that the initial injuries could've been more severe have she been hit by a motorbike with more speed and weight.

That qc may be fighting a test case against a very well funded government wanting to send a firm statement to people who illegally modify their bikes. Add in the fact he " fled" from the scene, this isn't going to end well for the rest of us.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles