Parts

nordboy

Apr 16, 2021
South Wales
Afternoon,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare. I've just started giving my 2019 Allmtn 3.0 a spring spruce up. New tyres (trying 2.6 rather than the original 2.8's), cassette, chain and front sprocket.

Trying to find parts, and certainly any non oem compatible parts is really difficult.

Front sprocket, Due to the crazy price of the OEM sprocket, and that google brings up loads that look nothing like the one on my bike, I ordered a Connex replacement, only to fit and realise that the front sprocket is flat, and the original is offset and the chain now doesn't run 'true' or straight. Don't know whether the offset is 3 or 5mm and I can't find the information anywhere? So, thinking I'll just buy a spacer.....no one seems to make or sell them.
I know ebikes are still quite new but it's getting very frustrating, time and money wasting.

Apart from that, I'm loving the bike lol

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the genuine part.

Is this it?

Or check out the Miranda website;

nordboy

Apr 16, 2021
South Wales
I think you'll just have to bite the bullet and buy the genuine part.

Is this it?

Or check out the Miranda website;

You’d think that was it, but it looks different to the one that came with the bike. So I don’t want to spend loads and then find it’s not right.
I’m still trying to find an alternative, but I may have to spend out in the end?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
You’d think that was it, but it looks different to the one that came with the bike. So I don’t want to spend loads and then find it’s not right.
I’m still trying to find an alternative, but I may have to spend out in the end?
I've just found a better picture on the e-bikeshop website and it looks like it's the single bash guard type;

1618582157185.png

You could try a cheeky offer on the eBay one;

1618582237154.png

nordboy

Apr 16, 2021
South Wales
Is it this?

that does seem to be the only one available, it’s the only one that’s really coming up during the searches. Mine only has the side protector/ guard on the outside, not both, and because of the price, I’m reluctant to buy it and have to go through the hassle of returning it etc.

nordboy

Apr 16, 2021
South Wales
It does say in the script it is “spaced wider than usual “ etc.

Yep, tbh, I think it’s as close as i’m going to get and would do the job.

i guess i just want things easy to get/ find. It would be nice if in the description or specs, they said something like ‘compatible with haibike .......’ or that i could find the information that the offset is ‘x’ mm etc. Rather than try and guess.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
Idk wich one you have, bothe are cnc haibike sprockets. Grey has 0 mm offset ,black has 3mm offset. There is also a 5 mm offsett one but thats obvious on the look
20210417_103520.jpg
20210417_103457.jpg

nordboy

Apr 16, 2021
South Wales
I’m not actually sure how to measure the offset amount, too where the teeth start or to the ‘middle’ of the teeth?

i’ve just had a new aftermarket (£30 rather than £130) 3mm offset bosch compatible sprocket delivered while i’m typing this out so i’ll see how that goes. Thanks all for the info/ feedback, great to know there’s people about willing to help or listen to me getting frustrated ??

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I had a 3mm offset sproket to. To get any sprocket on my bike i bought this set for couple euros. It has a locknut and a couple 1 and 0.5 mm spacers. On my bosvh gen 2 i could add a 2.5 mm spacer max or tge sporcket wont fit.
you can also just order a ex1 chainring thats include a 2mm spacer
20210417_123913.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles