Over 3,300 km 2019 levo carbon comp

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
32EB3550-FE8B-44F3-92CC-962E4CC6DF55_1_201_a.jpeg

Robbo746

Jan 23, 2020
Coolum Beach Australia
I have over 2100 miles or over 3.300 miles on my Levo. I have not had a single problem with it, Still using original chain and cassette. The parts I did replace were because I wanted them not that there was any thing wrong with them. Theses bikes are amazing
Its good to hear the good reports, there is plenty of bagging going on re brose and spesh. It might be nice to get updates on the most miles travelled without fault?

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I have over 2100 miles or over 3.300 miles on my Levo. I have not had a single problem with it, Still using original chain and cassette. The parts I did replace were because I wanted them not that there was any thing wrong with them. Theses bikes are amazing
I’m right there with ya, alloy version with fox 36e and dpx2, carbon bars.
Narry a problem. 2000 miles since July 2019

Last edited:

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
you running icons ? are they tough enough ?
Yes and I love them. I have used them in snow mud and every condition you can think of and have had no problems with them. It was originally a test because I ride maybe 15% of the time on the road. I think they are a great all around tire

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I found them a little weak on the sidewalls (Ikons). One completely slashed open trying to ride up here last year. About 20 second after I took the picture ! :LOL:

Ikons.jpg

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Hows the chain stretch on the original chain, that's a hello of a lot of KM on the original Cassette and Chain!

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
it is a little over 50%. I am curious how many miles I will get out of it before it breaks. I plan to replace it all when it does. Shifts and still rides like a dream, I clean and lubricate regularly

@50% you should replace the chain... leave it any longer and you will need to replace the chain and the cassette.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
2019 Levo here 7 months old.
I do use my other bikes so it does keep the Levo miles down.
1000km so far fault free.
Had my first off on it today on a 20 mile xc ride,big rut didn't unclip..?.
Bike ok ..me ok .

No wear and tear issues.

ashlevocomp

Apr 30, 2020
Redditch
I love mine, Levo comp 2020, already done 400km in 10 days and not a single prob, only gripe I have is the brakes are spongey as hell and I cant get the chain guide to sit right with the new 34T...I took the wheels out and pumped slightly which just made the pads stick on so had to open them back up to normal...
Photo 10-05-2020, 18 01 21.jpg

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
I love mine, Levo comp 2020, already done 400km in 10 days and not a single prob, only gripe I have is the brakes are spongey as hell and I cant get the chain guide to sit right with the new 34T...I took the wheels out and pumped slightly which just made the pads stick on so had to open them back up to normal... View attachment 30975

The chain guide issue is common when going to 34T, here's one solution, some take it off completely:

Praxis 36t chainring on a Levo - EMTB Forums

Nice location and picture btw :)

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Over 1,300kms on my 2020 Kenevo Comp, would have been more if I hadn't fractured my knee commuting to work and had 3 months off the bike (which I got last October). Only fault was the original wiring loom, which apparently is a known issue on early models, and that only took a couple of days at the LBS. Otherwise, utterly faultless (which I hope isn't the kiss of death!). I did have a Powerfly a couple of years ago, had done over 8,000kms in 12 months!

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I love mine, Levo comp 2020, already done 400km in 10 days and not a single prob, only gripe I have is the brakes are spongey as hell and I cant get the chain guide to sit right with the new 34T...I took the wheels out and pumped slightly which just made the pads stick on so had to open them back up to normal... View attachment 30975
Regarding spongey Guide RE brakes, mine were never spongey (although I later upgraded to Code RSC), I would suggest you to rebleed them ...

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
re mileage - isn't that largely dependant on the sort of country you ride, and how hard you ride? For example, the op's seat is way back, I'm guessing it's not steep country. Much less stress on everything. Every km my bike does is generally hard - up or down and always lumpy with baby head sized sharp edged rock. I'm not a hard rider, but it's still harder on my bike. My stomping ground is more akin to zimmerframe's photo above - big difference on wheels suspension, drive train - everything. It also explains why zimmerframe's not doing so well with ikons:D. A nice smooth forest floor in undulating country is going to be a lot easier on the mechanics of a bike. I'm not passing judgement on the quality or skill needed for different country - I'd ride anywhere that was available to me and try to make the most of it.

Last edited:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I think @outerlimits had about 7000 miles on one, sure he'll confirm.
7800km which is 4846 miles. It had a slight roughness in the feel of the bearings when back pedalling. Spesh replaced it under warranty, and the new motor comes with a new 2 year warranty.
It proberly could of done that amount again, but I wanted to get a new motor and warranty before it ran out.
People bag the crap out of Spesh and Brose, mainly because they can’t afford one and they then buy something else and become well ... E-motional.
I rather buy once and buy right ?‍♂️

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
Chain is checked regularly and shifts fine, I am old and do most of my riding in eco. once in a while I will use turbo and trail but very seldom. Been working on mountain bikes since they first came out and have a little bit of an idea what I am. doing

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
Well I want one of your chains it must be one of those supadupa ones ?
lol I know I figured 6 months out of it, It is a great bike, just got in from riding with people half my age and keep up with them no problem. Damn things are the fountain of youth.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
You can keep your nuts, chain is fine and will be replaced when needed.

If mostly riding roads ect, chain will last to the moon and back.

Last summer i did lots of enduro e-races and on my local rides had allways over 1000m of climbing.
It was 500km and chain was 0.50. Used six chains over 4 months.

It all depends how you ride, how you accelerate, where you ride, how much you but power to the cranks ect.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
2019 Carbon Comp -1800 miles / 2800 km I think that converts to
Trouble free never missed a beat - washed with a hose every time , no new motor cable , original motor !
just about to change full drive train , rear tyre .
two sets of pads so far and the linkage upgrade .

atcspaul

Dec 28, 2018
Portage, Michigan
2019 Carbon Comp -1800 miles / 2800 km I think that converts to
Trouble free never missed a beat - washed with a hose every time , no new motor cable , original motor !
just about to change full drive train , rear tyre .
two sets of pads so far and the linkage upgrade .
what do you mean by linkage upgrade?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles