orbea Rise with 27.5

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
My wife is very short at just under 5 foot, she currently rides a Giant Liv in XS, but it is a heavy bike. We looked at the Rise in Small and she had trouble with the standover. She likes to be able to touch the ground in standover. The Rise even though it was listed as the same as her Liv was taller. So I am thinking that maybe with a set of 27.5 wheels and slightly smaller 2.2 tires?
Thoughts? She rides mainly Green easy trails and the ocasional Blue one

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
My wife is very short at just under 5 foot, she currently rides a Giant Liv in XS, but it is a heavy bike. We looked at the Rise in Small and she had trouble with the standover. She likes to be able to touch the ground in standover. The Rise even though it was listed as the same as her Liv was taller. So I am thinking that maybe with a set of 27.5 wheels and slightly smaller 2.2 tires?
Thoughts? She rides mainly Green easy trails and the ocasional Blue one

I don't have an Orbea but changed my bike (delivered with 29") to 27.5" and 2.2 mostly to lower the standover. Geometry stays the same when we change both wheels except for trail which changes slightly. I can't remember if it quickens or slows the steering but I can't tell any difference anyway. The bottom bracket drops about 19 mm but it looks like your wife doesn't ride rock gardens so pedal strikes should not be an issue (they are not for me).
I changed to a larger chainring to get back the speed I lost with the smaller wheels and had the dealer calibrate the system for the smaller diameter. It was a good change for me and for what I ride! ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles