Orbea Rise: Long stroking, One Up E Bar and other upgrades

BrookeBikes

Jul 15, 2022
Truckee, CA
Hey all! I never thought I'd own an e-mtb. I was analog loyal through and through...until pregnancy. Bike will be ridden aggressively with an emphasis on descending and jump trails. Just got an H30 and I'm already tinkering and upgrading. Would love to hear you your experiences with the below:

Long-stroking:
DVO Oynx SC D1 160mm and DVO Topaz 8.5 x 2.5” on the way!
Anyone have a resource for an offset bushing?!
Ordered a Race Face AR E 27.5" rear wheel. I don't love running mullet (less balanced) but it seems like a fun application for this light e-bike.
Have you long stroked and kept the bike at 29"? How did the increased bb height feel?

Cleaning up the cockpit:
Ordered One Up's E bar with the cable ports. This H30 model has the E700 display. I'm hoping it disconnects easily and that there's plenty of cable tucked into the downtube for routing through the bars.
Have you tried this bar with the E700 display?

Brakes:
Upgraded to TRP's G-Spec 4 piston and they are feeling great. Gotta pull out the awful sintered pads and put in metallic. Don't even know why sintered pads exist! Might do a larger front rotor.

More dropper!
The OC dropper seems to work well enough but I can fit a 150mm One Up (my favorite dropper) so that's what I'll do eventually! Anyone have the OC trigger fail on them? The feeling isn't great. Trying to justify the $50 spend on a new trigger.

Cable guide chatter!
It's driving me nuts! The shop I purchased the bike from wasn't interested in entertaining my discerning ways and essentially told me to live with it. Without pulling the battering, has anyone been able to secure the internal cable guides?

Thanks all! I'll post a pic of the little e-shredder when she's done.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Welcome to the slightly darker side! I can't help with your questions as I have kept my rise pretty standard technically and I don't feel the need to change anything. Then again, although I put it through some serious punishment, it isn't a jump bike!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles