Orbea Rise - How well does it perform on bigger jumps/drops?

a.rohde

Feb 15, 2021
Denmark
Hi fellow riders.

I'm looking to upgrade my Analog 2020 Canyon Spectral to an eMTB - And I have my eyes pretty sharp on the Orbea Rise.

I'm primarily doing trail riding around the flat terrain of Denmark, but I like to hit any jump and drop I can find. The natural feel of the Rise is something that attracts me - and I never really ride more than 2 hours so I'm not concerned with the battery size.

I started out riding the Canyon Neuron but the 130mm travel was too little to give a good performance on the larger jumps and drops, so I upgraded to my current analog Spectral which is perfect for my riding. But now I'm really unsure if the 150/140mm travel on the Rise will be too much like the Neuron and cut me back when I still would like to hit those bigger jumps (and "sometimes" miss the landing and need a little help from the bike).

What's your experience jumping and dropping on the Rise? Does it feel like a 130/130mm trail bike or do you get more assistance?

Best,
Anders

finky

Aug 18, 2021
sweden
Hi fellow riders.

I'm looking to upgrade my Analog 2020 Canyon Spectral to an eMTB - And I have my eyes pretty sharp on the Orbea Rise.

I'm primarily doing trail riding around the flat terrain of Denmark, but I like to hit any jump and drop I can find. The natural feel of the Rise is something that attracts me - and I never really ride more than 2 hours so I'm not concerned with the battery size.

I started out riding the Canyon Neuron but the 130mm travel was too little to give a good performance on the larger jumps and drops, so I upgraded to my current analog Spectral which is perfect for my riding. But now I'm really unsure if the 150/140mm travel on the Rise will be too much like the Neuron and cut me back when I still would like to hit those bigger jumps (and "sometimes" miss the landing and need a little help from the bike).

What's your experience jumping and dropping on the Rise? Does it feel like a 130/130mm trail bike or do you get more assistance?

Best,
Anders
Hi there , I had a 2019 spectral cf8 and bought the rise m team this year. I live in Sweden and ride trails ranging from gentle to pretty technical and also have a place in Åre which has a pretty big bike park. The Rise has handled all the jumps i have been able to throw at it and rolls way better down rock gardens on 29 wheels than the 27.5 of spectral. Unless you are doing massive drop offs you will not have a problem with this bike and i highly recommend it. Climbing up technical trails is a total game changer and it totally opens up new terrain you wouldnt have thouight of doing on an analogue.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I´ve got some stats for you (todays 30km ride)

jump1.png

jump2.png

Just as easy as any analog bike :)

(og velkommen)

Trail Blazer

Jun 13, 2021
Sweden
I agree though its not a full enduro it handles Åre trails real good. When riding in the park I go with my SP Enduro for more suspension and stability.

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
I don't jump off things with my Rise if I can avoid, but it does have a 4 rating which suggests it should. My son says it jumps really well (going to have to start locking it up!!). As a trial bike I think its great, particularly if you like going up as well as down. Orbea's Wild is longer travel enduro but heavier. As a brand, my Orbea hasn't been trouble free (crank arm issue) and having a local franchised retailer has been helpful for me. Don't let that put you off though, it is a great bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles