Windermere
These are the dates I see for the M10 on UK website:
1603386662994.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Isn't this just a Focus Jam 2 with the tech pack ? All seems very similar spec wise on batteries, just with the motor configured with Stunlocker to only be 60nm for more range ?

See @steve_sordy you're actually cutting edge if you just turn your power down or downgrade to an e7000 .. and to think @Gary said you weren't leading the styles. Down grade your suspension to match and only run inner tubes with no tyres and it's pretty much identical.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Isn't this just a Focus Jam 2 with the tech pack ? All seems very similar spec wise on batteries, just with the motor configured with Stunlocker to only be 60nm for more range ?

See @steve_sordy you're actually cutting edge if you just turn your power down or downgrade to an e7000 .. and to think @Gary said you weren't leading the styles. Down grade your suspension to match and only run inner tubes with no tyres and it's pretty much identical.
I did spend a lot of time searching and testing before I chose the Focus, but given that it was my first emtb, I still think I just got lucky. :)

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So this seems to blow the SL out the water - lets say the Orbea comes in at 18kg with 150mm, DPX, and 36's, surely speccing an SL to a similar level would result in the same ish weigh but at a significant power disadvantage, plus the Geo on the Orbea (at least to me) is much more appealing.

@Rob Rides EMTB what did you SL weigh in at when similarly specced?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
So this seems to blow the SL out the water - lets say the Orbea comes in at 18kg with 150mm, DPX, and 36's, surely speccing an SL to a similar level would result in the same ish weigh but at a significant power disadvantage, plus the Geo on the Orbea (at least to me) is much more appealing.

I ended up going with that spec on my Rise (150mm 36/Grip 2, DPX2) and also went with 4 pot XTRs instead of the 2 pot brakes.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK

When I saw the specs I said, the Orbea will be better value for money than the Levo SL. Mainstream motor and Orbea tend to be okay value for all their bikes.

If this was out when I was buying, it would have been a tough decision between the two.

Norway1980

Jan 16, 2019
trondheim
2A charger, lucky it's a small battery... 21700 cells so should be able to accept a much higher charge rate.

Oh dear, I'm sounding a bit negative here...

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good looking bike and a definite step in the right direction (less weight) but I'd be much more interested in a superlight 160/170 eeb. 4000m of climbing is great (presumably that's on both batteries) but only when paired with 4000m of interesting descending. I have no interest in 80KM XC rides.

What about the rotwild e375 - it is a similar concept but with enduro build and geo - would love to see some reviews on it

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think I'm still missing something .. we're a year on from the 19.3kg full fat Mondraker ..

This bad boy is 800g less weight still with less spec suspension and a 1kg lighter/smaller battery ... I feel like I'm being fluffed ....... it's nice, don't get me wrong .. but .. just but ... I'll get my coat.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Nobody buys an SL because it hasn't got enough power for them: there's nothing at all disadvantageous about the SL's power compared to the Orbea - it's the point of the SL - any more than the Orbea is "disadvantaged" compared to a FF Shimano-powered bike.
No you mistake my point, the bike I really want is a Levo SL Evo with geometry like a Stumpy Evo, the appeal to me is the weight, the power a non issue, the SL is fine on that front for me.

However having said that if the Orbea comprises a similar package in terms of weight and handling, but with more power thrown in, thats far more appealing, plus if on group ride it has the ability to stay in the pack when everyone else is on a full fat, thats a big bonus, because thats a big issue with the SL if you are riding hilly terrain on a long ride with other EMTB's.

Plus in the absence (for the mean time) of a Levo SL Evo, the Orbeas geometry is far more in line with what i look for, and on paper a more capable bike.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Mine is around 17.5 KG with 160mm Ohlins RXF36 / TTX air and DHR2

Orbea is very impressive. I think it’ll end up being around 1kg heavier in equivalent build, but with the more powerful 60Nm motor and a decent saving in cost.

Not sure if I could put up with the EP8 rattle though in its current form.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think I'm still missing something .. we're a year on from the 19.3kg full fat Mondraker ..

This bad boy is 800g less weight still with less spec suspension and a 1kg lighter/smaller battery ... I feel like I'm being fluffed ....... it's nice, don't get me wrong .. but .. just but ... I'll get my coat.
I think the point is if you ride an SL, even if it doesn't weigh that much less, it feels like it does when you ride it - the interest to me is if the Orbea has that same feeling - I rode a bog standard alloy SL, which was only just under 2kg lower weight than my hardtail EMTB, but it felt like it was a way bigger difference.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Mine is around 17.5 KG with 160mm Ohlins RXF36 / TTX air and DHR2

Orbea is very impressive. I think it’ll end up being around 1kg heavier in equivalent build, but with the more powerful 60Nm motor and a decent saving in cost.

Not sure if I could put up with the EP8 rattle though in its current form.
In the GMBN vid you can hear the rattle very clearly

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

Bang on to be honest. Although they are more like 20KG without the cheating Rekon tyres that have less tread than a pussy cats tongue

michaeldorian

Jul 25, 2018
California
No you mistake my point, the bike I really want is a Levo SL Evo with geometry like a Stumpy Evo, the appeal to me is the weight, the power a non issue, the SL is fine on that front for me.

However having said that if the Orbea comprises a similar package in terms of weight and handling, but with more power thrown in, thats far more appealing, plus if on group ride it has the ability to stay in the pack when everyone else is on a full fat, thats a big bonus, because thats a big issue with the SL if you are riding hilly terrain on a long ride with other EMTB's.

Plus in the absence (for the mean time) of a Levo SL Evo, the Orbeas geometry is far more in line with what i look for, and on paper a more capable bike.

Same for me. I want the SL with the new Stumpy EVO Geo. The SL geo is absolutely dated feeling. It’s the one thing holding the bike back.

Jimbo Vills

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 15, 2020
Kent
Not read all the comments and seen the vids, just watched robs. I was torn on an orbea v levo when I bought mine. A levo

i want one of these tho ??‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles