Orbea Rise Blue Book / thread lock

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
By far the best manual I've ever seen for a bike - covers bolt and torque for nearly everything. Breakdowns of all the parts, part numbers for replacement. Truly excellent.

Just a shame nearly every bolt spec seems to be wrong! 3mm where it says 4mm. Cross head screw where it says hex (for the motor guard), Torx where it says hex. Threadlock used where it says grease (though it doesn't seem to say thread lock anywhere)

Also, anyone know if all thread lock brands are the same colours? Loctite is normally blue 'mid strentgh' used for nearly everything, red for high strength (usually needs heat to remove - dont' use on bike if you want to get it out). A number of bolts seem to have some red thread lock on (but I did manage to remove them.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
By far the best manual I've ever seen for a bike - covers bolt and torque for nearly everything. Breakdowns of all the parts, part numbers for replacement. Truly excellent.

Just a shame nearly every bolt spec seems to be wrong! 3mm where it says 4mm. Cross head screw where it says hex (for the motor guard), Torx where it says hex. Threadlock used where it says grease (though it doesn't seem to say thread lock anywhere)

Also, anyone know if all thread lock brands are the same colours? Loctite is normally blue 'mid strentgh' used for nearly everything, red for high strength (usually needs heat to remove - dont' use on bike if you want to get it out). A number of bolts seem to have some red thread lock on (but I did manage to remove them.
Blue and red differentiation is universal as far as I have experienced. If the bolts with red thread lock applied are ally and were not primed the thread lock would not have bonded anyway!!.....................and given the other errors in the manual that seems likely! I wonder if the manual was written in Spanish and given to a student to translate :ROFLMAO:

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
talk to me about thread lock primer? new to me and might explain why the steel bolt I tried to red thread lock into the cap to get something to lever it out with did not take.

I've now got three off the caps off, but the final one is still defeating me. Trying supergluing the bolt in right now.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
look up the loctite user guide.......
Here the relevant bit...........

A threadlocker is a specific type of adhesive..........not the right type for your application. You need something like araldite not superglue. Araldite is an epoxy. Superglue has little tensile strength.

loctite.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles