Orbea Rise , anyone seen one yet ?

john.rot

Jan 18, 2019
Bristol
Damn! I ordered 2 days ago from MTBMonster, they say they’ll have stock in June. Well.. considering financing etc, I guess I’m stuck with the few weeks wait :)
Edit: I actually ordered the M10 not the M-team

Andyzim

Apr 21, 2021
Uk
Mine arrived yesterday from Start Fitness. It's a medium M20 in white. Now I just need to cancel my blue one from e-bikeshop!

Oh my, it's so nice though. I rode it only 100m up and down the road before pulling it apart for some upgrades/changes. With the motor turned off it really felt no different in weight to my analogue 2013 Commencal Meta SX. Mine appeared to have had the tech bulletin for the crank preload caps done already although I did the process again myself to be sure. The tubeless ready rims aren't really 'ready' because the rim tape on there isn't doing a good enough job to seal. I've given up and stuck some tubes back in for now.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
Mine arrived yesterday from Start Fitness. It's a medium M20 in white. Now I just need to cancel my blue one from e-bikeshop!

Oh my, it's so nice though. I rode it only 100m up and down the road before pulling it apart for some upgrades/changes. With the motor turned off it really felt no different in weight to my analogue 2013 Commencal Meta SX. Mine appeared to have had the tech bulletin for the crank preload caps done already although I did the process again myself to be sure. The tubeless ready rims aren't really 'ready' because the rim tape on there isn't doing a good enough job to seal. I've given up and stuck some tubes back in for now.

the rims basically aren’t tubeless ready I agree as there are small holes in the sides and I couldn’t get my m20 rims to seal so ended up with tubes back in until I can be bothered to tape them up with new tape.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Was this already mentioned here? Kudos to our awesome bike!

1622022983190.png

jka

Dec 17, 2020
Nevada, USA
Yep, otherwise as mentioned above, the tiny holes in the rim which allow water to drain out are going to leak air/fluid instead.

Might be specific to the wheels on the M20, but I don't know for sure. My M10 was set up by the shop for tubeless before I picked it up. They do it as a normal set up. I don't know if they had to add tape, but it's been perfect. I switched my wife's Trek Powerfly with tubeless ready wheels over to tubeless and did nothing but add sealant.

BobR

Apr 14, 2021
Florida
Now that you have put a tube in it and set the bead, leave it set on one side while removing the tube from the other and put the tire back in the rim trying to keep the other side still beaded... either add sealant b4 putting the tire back together or remove the stem valve and add it that way. The tire should seal pretty easy after that. But I am talking from the M10 RaceFace wheel set.

Schnipps

May 12, 2021
Newcastle
So my M20 XL in Sap White with everything done i'm going to do for the moment.

Modest changes though nothing hardcore

Changes from stock are;
  • Deity 20mm rise bar cut to 760mm
  • Race Face AEFFECT 60mm stem
  • Garmin 520 Plus with stem mount
  • TAG T3 Blue flat pedals
  • RACE FACE blue AR30 rim decals
  • Blue valves
  • Ride Guard small mudguard Mr Sakam
  • ERGON GA2 FAT grips in blue
  • Nukeproof blue seat post clamp
  • Zefal XS saddle bag

20210528_221143.jpg

DougMcA

May 31, 2021
Perthshire
Can anyone advise on charging Issues. Just wondering if the Rise battery can be charged in vehicle through 12V inverter/cigarette lighter adapter etc for away trips? Likewise the range extender?

DougMcA

May 31, 2021
Perthshire
I have to say this forum is great. I’ve learnt a lot reading through this thread already. I’m on the cusp of moving from my old trail bike (Trance 1) to a first e MTB. Trialled full power eMTB (Trance x e 29 Pro) which was great but just found that it made things too easy and didn’t like the weight kicking in when reaching the speed limit. I still want to feel the work etc but could do with some extra power/help on steep Scottish hills and keep some of that trail bike feel. So I am hoping to pick up a new Rise M10 this week. Haven’t been able to demo one so a bit of a leap of faith. Most of what I’ve read here is positive so sure I’m on the right track.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
Can anyone advise on charging Issues. Just wondering if the Rise battery can be charged in vehicle through 12V inverter/cigarette lighter adapter etc for away trips? Likewise the range extender?

Car cigarette sockets will only power a c100W inverter (fused at 10A or so at 12W). The charger is 500W.
Car battery typically about 900wh (against the 360 of the inbuilt battery) but charger and inverter both generate a fair bit of heat so they're not that efficient. Even if you could you'd probably not get more than a single charge without a flat car battery.

DougMcA

May 31, 2021
Perthshire
Car cigarette sockets will only power a c100W inverter (fused at 10A or so at 12W). The charger is 500W.
Car battery typically about 900wh (against the 360 of the inbuilt battery) but charger and inverter both generate a fair bit of heat so they're not that efficient. Even if you could you'd probably not get more than a single charge without a flat car battery.
Thanks for that. I was thinking of charging while on the move with engine running in my van between venues. But it doesn’t sound too promising.

Moots YBB

Dec 18, 2018
Brussels
It would be even better if they hadn't emasculated the motor..!

;)

Just sayin'. Dialling the motor down didn't make it any lighter.

no, but i think the standard software doesn't allow the motor to be tuned enough, i'm sure you can't load a new "map" (that determines the ratio between your cadence, power, and the motor's power output), with the E Tube app you can just limit the Torque, and that wasn't enough apparently.

im ordered my Rise, i'm ALSO getting it because it is less powerful !, i want to lose weight, and i doubt i would have to discipline to limit the torque myself.

of course, if Orbea was a lot bigger, they would have asked a company to build a 60nm motor for them, with the desired spec(h)s , it would be smaller, lighter, and break every 2500 kilometers.

soundwave

May 13, 2020
Helsinki, Finland
Just replaced the 5cm stem with a 6cm stem. Just a quick 5 min ride but it's amazing how much a 1cm increase can feel different. Hard to say yet if I like it or not, need to give it a proper trail ride first. I have an XL M10 and the reach has felt a bit short - I am 189cm.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
Just replaced the 5cm stem with a 6cm stem. Just a quick 5 min ride but it's amazing how much a 1cm increase can feel different. Hard to say yet if I like it or not, need to give it a proper trail ride first. I have an XL M10 and the reach has felt a bit short - I am 189cm.
Interesting, I’m the same height with an XL tans found it better removing one of the spacers as the bars felt too tall

enewb

Apr 2, 2021
California
Test rides can be dangerous and in my brother’s case, expensive! ?

After one ride on mine, my brother had to ditch his freshly built GG trail pistola. Most of the parts were transferred and taadaa another blue Rise is born!

Spec: Large frame, fox 36 150, push 11.6, shimano xt cranks, revel wheels, Maxxis dhf/dhr exo+... 43lb

1E65CA1B-49B3-47E3-A243-0ABEC78E2209.jpeg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Mine's been shipped, should be here in a few days - stock Coal Blue/Red. I need to get the brake hoses swapped to UK setup and I would like a display rather than the little buttons...

DanMcDan

Mar 18, 2021
Torquay

After one ride on mine, my brother had to ditch his freshly built GG trail pistola. Most of the parts were transferred and taadaa another blue Rise is born!

Spec: Large frame, fox 36 150, push 11.6, shimano xt cranks, revel wheels, Maxxis dhf/dhr exo+... 43lb

View attachment 65769
Push wouldn’t reconfigure my 11/6 for my rise, does the GG pistola have the same sizes?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Mine's been shipped, should be here in a few days - stock Coal Blue/Red. I need to get the brake hoses swapped to UK setup and I would like a display rather than the little buttons...

Lucky you, bet you’re excited. I’ll be using a Garmin Edge for the display on mine. The Shimano LCD will only show mode and battery as far as I can see so a Garmin will provide so much more. I already have an Edge 130 which is nice and small so hoping i can link that simple 3rd party app thats been mentioned on this forum elsewhere rather than the RS Toolbox which isn’t compatible with the 130

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London

View attachment 65769
What is the rear mudguard please pal ? Cheers

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
Lucky you, bet you’re excited. I’ll be using a Garmin Edge for the display on mine. The Shimano LCD will only show mode and battery as far as I can see so a Garmin will provide so much more. I already have an Edge 130 which is nice and small so hoping i can link that simple 3rd party app thats been mentioned on this forum elsewhere rather than the RS Toolbox which isn’t compatible with the 130
I had an edge 130 and as much as I preferred the size and look of it on the bike I had to sell on eBay as interface wise it was pretty useless unfortunately! I bought a used 520 so I can get the toolbox features. It’s not perfect though and also looks crap on the bike. Wish they’d just have used the Shimano display and incorporated the features that riders actually want and need. All a bit annoying really shame as great bike otherwise

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles