Orbe Rise H15

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
My Wife currently rides a Giant Liv Intrigue E+2 2019 and is looking at a new lighter weight bike. The Yamaha motor on the Liv is an 80nm motor and has five levels of assist. She never really uses anything above level 3. I realise that she will have to test ride the Orbea before making a decision but wondered if anyone could give their opinions on the 60nm and assist levels of the Orbea after coming from a more powerful motor?

Would the 20nm difference in torque be vastly different, bearing in mind the weight difference of the 2 bikes (The Orbea is 4kg lighter).
I realise that it's a difficult question but just after opinions of those that have switched from more powerful bikes.

Thanks in advance.

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
I went from an E8000 70nm to an EP8 RS 60nm ( Rise H30) and have found very little difference. The EP8 encourages you to pedal more and use your gears more and on my local trails I have thoroughly enjoyed it and not struggled at all. There probably is a slight difference during longish steepish climbs. My chum has a Bosch 80 nm and will get to the top of a climb a few seconds ahead of me. Otherwise the difference is negligible IMO.

billybodger1

Dec 11, 2022
uk
Im looking at a rise H30 so will be interested to see what Rise riders think. Never realy riden a emtb but like the weight of the Rise but wonder whats it like compared with something like a Levo Alloy which is coming in at around the same price at the mo

Decolocsta

Aug 10, 2022
Germany
The H15 in L is around 21,5kg without Pedals, out of the Box.

ED5FC567-7B79-4DFD-B1EB-DBCCC89AF4A1.jpeg

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Can anyone tell me more about the 2 profile settings, which can be changed using the Shimano app? I've read that Profile 1 gives more of a natural MTB feel, whereas profile 2 gives a bit more power? Is this the case?

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Can anyone tell me more about the 2 profile settings, which can be changed using the Shimano app? I've read that Profile 1 gives more of a natural MTB feel, whereas profile 2 gives a bit more power? Is this the case?
Thats pretty much it. You can adjust the motor settings eg max torque in either profile via the app. I tend to stick with the one profile which I have tweaked to suit me. Some folk set a profile with battery economy in mind which obviously provides less assist but more distance. I have found the Rise does have a unique feel to it which as I said above encourages gear selection and pedalling.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
Thats pretty much it. You can adjust the motor settings eg max torque in either profile via the app. I tend to stick with the one profile which I have tweaked to suit me. Some folk set a profile with battery economy in mind which obviously provides less assist but more distance. I have found the Rise does have a unique feel to it which as I said above encourages gear selection and pedalling.

Thanks. The LBS said that profile 2 is more like a motorbike!!!. My Wife will be having a test ride at the weekend but all she needs to know is whether the power is there if needed, especially for steep climbs.

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
Thanks. The LBS said that profile 2 is more like a motorbike!!!. My Wife will be having a test ride at the weekend but all she needs to know is whether the power is there if needed, especially for steep climbs.
Worth checking the settings as some users have reported both profiles to be set low out of the box.

Im chuffed with mine - and as Ive said, it will climb the steepest climbs as well as the E8000 but will be a tiny bit slower on the long drawn out uphills. Enjoy!

Decolocsta

Aug 10, 2022
Germany

Not at all.
Feels More like a Full fat on Trail Mode when set at Boost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles